5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 26 of 40 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I could jump on in 90mins but that is so late its getting early for you.
    I would not have a lot of time to spend so you should line up your questions!

For token movement...
    You must, must, must drag player tokens from portraits top left of GM screen on to the Combat Tracker and from there on to the Map.
    You must, must, must drag NPCs on to the Combat Tracker and from there on to the Map.

If you have done that but when players try to move they get arrows - right click on a token and choose lock/unlock tokens - note thats not token scale.

Have you seen this series of (low production quality) short videos?
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...r6UcaaLvD7YlJd
    In particular for the above question...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtn...D7YlJd&index=5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7C...r6UcaaLvD7YlJd

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Sparks View Post
    Quick question..would anyone be willing to get on for just a little bit to kinda show me how to run FG as a DM? first time using it and i have a group of friends that want to continue my game that we played in person.
    I can for the next few hours. PM me if you want to do that.

so right now im having an error loading the game for my friends to jump on. i run a test and it says failure but i havn't changed any settings or anything at all and it ran perfectly fine before. I even checked for an update and nothing. It's not telling me why it's failing the test either. I own the ultimate package thing so it's not like my subscription is a problem. are the servers going under maintenance? 2nd i could move the pc characters around fine and they would see it move but they couldn't do anything else but roll dice. They couldn't target the monsters or anything. And even when i tried doing a battle myself with fully made character sheets and monsters, none of the auto damage or effects stuff was working...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I could jump on in 90mins but that is so late its getting early for you.
    I would not have a lot of time to spend so you should line up your questions!

For token movement...
    You must, must, must drag player tokens from portraits top left of GM screen on to the Combat Tracker and from there on to the Map.
    You must, must, must drag NPCs on to the Combat Tracker and from there on to the Map.

If you have done that but when players try to move they get arrows - right click on a token and choose lock/unlock tokens - note thats not token scale.

Have you seen this series of (low production quality) short videos?
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...r6UcaaLvD7YlJd
    In particular for the above question...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtn...D7YlJd&index=5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7C...r6UcaaLvD7YlJd
    yes i did all that with the token unlocking and stuff but no arrows or anything would work. and i made sure that everything was properly separated on the different layers. and I've seen all those videos but for those guys everything seems to be working fine.

Blog Entries
    Hi Brandon - reboot your router and retry the test.

If you are running a layers extension - or any other extensions - get rid of them until you know how to use the core stuff.

If the players cannot move their characters they either dont own them (are the portraits showing top left of the screen?)
    or you havent added them to teh CT and then the Map from teh CT
    or you are using layers and have messed them up
    or you have lock tokens on...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Brandon - reboot your router and retry the test.

If you are running a layers extension - or any other extensions - get rid of them until you know how to use the core stuff.

If the players cannot move their characters they either dont own them (are the portraits showing top left of the screen?)
    or you havent added them to teh CT and then the Map from teh CT
    or you are using layers and have messed them up
    or you have lock tokens on...
    ok now the tests are working and yes the portraits were appearing in the top left. And I dragged them from the characters to the CT and then put them on to the map. I took layers off so maybe when they get back on it will work. I'll get back on and try again to see if that fixed anything. Thank you for the help. Kinda feel like a nub here honestly.

Blog Entries
    You can do a test...
    Open a second instance of FG
    Choose Join Game and use name: Player and Host Address: localhost (it is case sensitive)
    This will join the second instance as a test player.

I have no connection to the Teamspeak server. Is it down?
    You can find me on Steam and Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Marswipp View Post
    I have no connection to the Teamspeak server. Is it down?
    +1 - Not able to connect - trying to determine if it is something on my end
    ~~~~
    Ultimate Licenses (Classic and Unity)
    ALL 5E content to date
    (And the user formerly known as Sprou7)

Connection failure for me, too.

Thread Information