DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 34 of 40 First ... 243233343536 ... Last

There will be feedback as your microphone will be able to pickup sounds coming out of the speakers. You'll definitely want to use push-to-talk and experiment with what the mic sounds like. My experience is that it picks up a lot of other noise and the hum of the laptop fans. You might also want to plugin headphones just to listen and stop any feedback - but this won't help the general noise level the microphone picks up.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Actually, I use my built in mic on my laptop, Dell M3800, and get equal sound to my headset and no feedback. It is a high end laptop/mobile workstation, but it's worth trying to see what you get.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Actually, I use my built in mic on my laptop, Dell M3800, and get equal sound to my headset and no feedback.
    You won't get feedback when you use a headset. Feedback is caused by the microphone picking up sounds that are then played through the speaker, which the microphone picks up and plays through the speaker, which the microphone picks up... causing a loop as the sound is fed back into the microphone. If you're using a headset the microphone doesn't pick up the sound and so there is no feedback.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You won't get feedback when you use a headset. Feedback is caused by the microphone picking up sounds that are then played through the speaker, which the microphone picks up and plays through the speaker, which the microphone picks up... causing a loop as the sound is fed back into the microphone. If you're using a headset the microphone doesn't pick up the sound and so there is no feedback.
    He said it works *as well as* using a headset. Some systems are setup so the mic automatically filters out the sound from the speaker (better quality sound cards).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    He said it works *as well as* using a headset. Some systems are setup so the mic automatically filters out the sound from the speaker (better quality sound cards).
    Yep. This is what I poorly tried to say/imply

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Anyone having issues connecting to ts.fg-con.com right now? It's failing for me, and I've verified that I can connect to other teamspeak servers (typefrag). Direct to 199.204.184.179 is failing the same way. Looked at the client log but didn't see a smoking gun. Thoughts?
    Last edited by darrenan; July 3rd, 2017 at 01:11.

Seems to be working for me...

I'm having the same problem. Haven't been able to connect all day.

EDIT: ...Nevermind. I'm able to connect now. It wasn't working 10 minutes ago, but seems fine now.
    Last edited by BadLittleMonkey; July 3rd, 2017 at 01:54.

Thread Information