5E Character Create Playlist

Cannot Update to 2.9

I have a Windows 7 Machine running Windows Firewall. Turned off everything on the firewall but I am still getting hung up at updating UpdaterEngine.exe. I uninstalled FG II and tried reinstalling from Web Installer, but I am still having the same issue. It begins the update, and just sits there not moving.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Monkey

Update.

I tried running UpdaterEngine.exe on its own. It ran in an endless loop that I could not exit from. It did not do anything but open and close endlessly... I had to restart my computer.

Very Strange...

Good luck with this...the new "web install" to me, didn't create a folder at all and just inserted files where it wants...lucky me it throw them in the root folder lol...
    Please someone fix this problem
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

AMonkeyWithAFez make sure you Anti-Virus has not quarantined the FG updater. Start your AV and look at quarantined items. If the FG updater is in there, tell the AV to un-quarantine it and that the file is OK and not to check it.

Thanks for the tip. Today I went to update and it worked without issue. There was nothing that my antivirus had quarantined, I'm using Windows Defender. Got me what it was, but I'm glad it did, I have a game tonight.

Thanks!

Blue Haven,

The installer uses the folder defined in your settings for installation and updating files.

By default (i.e. if the settings are not defined in the registry), it uses "%Program Files%/Fantasy Grounds II" for the application directory and "%APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds II" for the data directory.

You might want to check the settings to make sure that the app/data directories are pointing to the right place.

Regards,
    JPG

All checked and good to go but it happens the same thing everytime
    Thanks friend
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thread Information