Starfinder Playlist
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Turning off the compatibility mode and excluding both copies of the app from on-access antivirus has eliminated my running hot issues. Much better performance in Wine now than using a Win10 VM in Virtualbox.

I just downloaded the demo version on a MacBook and in case anyone is having issues, it would NOT work by downloading via Firefox. The .dmg link kept trying to open in a browser tab and not doing anything except making my computer fan go nuts. Finally figured this out and opened in Chrome without issue.

Welcome fellow Mac owner.

If you want to span the FG window across two monitors this can be done by clicking the System Preferences icon in the Dock or by clicking the Apple icon on the top left of the screen and selecting System Preferences. Then go to Mission Control settings screen and Click to uncheck the Displays have separate spaces checkbox to disable it. You’ll need to logout or restart your Mac for it to take effect.

Sorry if this isn't the correct forum location for this.

I've been working on figuring out Fantasy grounds for a while now. no games yet..

One of the issues I'm having is when leaving a session and returning to the launcher. It just seems to hang. Sometimes just being patient works and it finally comes up. But, most of the time, hours later, it could still be closing the session without it ever closing. I end-up having to to quit FG and reopen it from steam. this even occurs if i haven't done anything in the session. ie. opening and closing it again.

I usually leave steam in offline mode. FG is a Full Ultimate license, with the full D&D bundled pak, the bundled FG rulesets and only Star wars as my only community downloaded & installed Ruleset. I have been trying to figure out how to build my own ruleset so I have both star wars and the CoreRPG rulesets as separate and renamed folders in the ruleset folder.

I've reloaded the software and started over and I've turned the Compatibility off and have just tried the default purchased and installed paks. With all cases it seems to hang or lock up after a few times of opening.
    I'm running a Mac book Pro Fall 2010, solid state drive, with 8GB RAM. Opening FG from and offline session of Steam in the bundled Wine install.

I've also tried the test mode, and now have the enhanced update logging turned on. Same issue.

Thanks for any help you could provide,
    RL

Welcome to the forums, If I remember right you need to use the options inside FG to exit the program instead of using the normal Mac option to stop a program. Right click and one of the options is to exit the program.

Nylanfs is correct. That is what I do on my Mac. What I've noticed is that I have one large campaign that does this, where it just hangs of I try to go back to the launcher, so I just quit the program and then open it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    Nylanfs is correct. That is what I do on my Mac. What I've noticed is that I have one large campaign that does this, where it just hangs of I try to go back to the launcher, so I just quit the program and then open it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Welcome to the forums, If I remember right you need to use the options inside FG to exit the program instead of using the normal Mac option to stop a program. Right click and one of the options is to exit the program.
    When leaving an open campaign in Fantasy grounds, I always use the R-click -> Exit, return to launcher. Or R-click Exit, Exit Program. When using the First option, that is R-click -> Exit, return to launcher, the program almost always hangs. then I have to use the Mac Command Q to quit Fantasy Grounds.

Is there some reason it has to Exit and not Return to Launcher? Wasn't sure if just exiting was saving the campaign data or not. As Return to Launcher seems to.

Yes, just exiting will save the campaign. What I’ve found is that if the campaign is small I can get the return to launcher to work. But on one campaign i’ve ran for over a year I need to pick exit.

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    I've seen this same behavior intermittently. About 1 in every 10 times I have to force shutdown (cmd-option-escape) fantasy grounds. I can say that I have yet to lose any data as a result. I've noticed that sometimes the first restart of FG doesn't work for some reason, I usually have to wait a second then double click the app icon again, and all is well.

Thread Information