5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
    Agreed (regarding 'Locations'), I only figured that out after I had finished this posting, and I didn't want to double-post the same question over on that thread (although, perhaps I should).

w.r.t. the copyright issue, I assume that we would operate under the same generous dispensation that is in place for other modules, to wit: I am using another GM's Rise of the Runelords module, because I was able to provide a sales receipt showing that I owned the Anniversary Edition of ROTRL...

Even if someone only had a partially complete Sandpoint module, it would be useful, as it would give me a starting point, with familiar data, that I might even be able to expand upon, and contribute back into the community.

Thanks for the response.

- s.west

Blog Entries
    We have been given permission to share Pathfinder Society material only. The Anniversary Edition falls in that category.
    See this link - in particular post #24.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-modules/page3

So I think you might be out of luck...

I'm confused. The Anniversary Edition was what I was asking about.

Why did you say, "So I think you might be out of luck..." ?

- s.west

Oh, well that's probably another question... and I'm probably not experienced enough with Pathfinder to answer it with any authority.

I believe that Sandpoint came about originally as part of the original Rise of the Runelords publication, but since then I think that it has achieved an independent identity within Paizo's 'world'...

I'm not even sure that sentence answers the question . I get confused pretty easily when trying to discriminate between some of these competing copyright questions.

- s.west

I think this is a very grey area. The agreement with Paizo is for sharing Fantasy Grounds campaigns with GMs you can prove that they've purchased a Paizo scenario/module/Adventure Path product that is for Pathfinder Society play. Entering Sandpoint into this extension and then distributing the data could be viewed by Paizo as not being part of the original agreement as this extension is community produced (not part of the core product that the agreement is for) and is storing the town specific information in a completely different format. It can be argued either way: that this is within the spirit of the very loose original agreement or that this is really quite a different way of storing data to the original agreement.

In the end the agreement was to allow GMs to privately share Fantasy Grounds campaign data for PFS sanctioned adventure content as long as the person receiving the FG data could prove that they own the original product. This doesn't cover public distribution or something similar (which I know no one is suggesting). Just be prepared to withdraw/stop sharing if Paizo get wind and don't like it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, trenloe, for adding to this discussion.

Of course, I don't have any intention of posing this question to Paizo myself (the last thing we want is a to have a bunch of FG dweebs, like me inundating them with frivolous requests and losing what we have already), however I'm wondering if there is such an avenue available, for, say, the 'authorized FG representative' to ask?

Or maybe we could start a thread with requests of this sort, and sort them by value, and every 6 months or so, ask for the top one on the list... Just a thought.

Anyway, thanks again for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Of course, I don't have any intention of posing this question to Paizo myself (the last thing we want is a to have a bunch of FG dweebs, like me inundating them with frivolous requests and losing what we have already), however I'm wondering if there is such an avenue available, for, say, the 'authorized FG representative' to ask?
    Ask in the original thread, or PM wvpolarbear - he was the one who told us about the agreement and is a PFS VL for the online community.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Having spoken with brochr (the member currently maintaining this extension) about the ongoing maintenance of this extension and about the superseding Locations extension it was agreed to close this thread and concentration effort into that extension instead of continuing to develop this one.

If anyone feels that this is the wrong decision please PM me and we'll sort something out.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz