FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    Yes, great work. Unfortunately the shop extension doesn't seem to work well with the 4E rule set. When I drag and drop something from one of the books in the library, the price and description isn't transfered over to the shop.
    Ok, first you have to drag and drop the base item over to the open item window, then back to the shop and it seems to work fine after that. Is there any automation where it removes the gold value from inventory when you buy the item? I seem to remember one of my players doing that, but can't seem to get it to work.

Great job, but as I can see, there's no way to export shops to a module?

Quote Originally Posted by brochr View Post
    Hi Folks

A BIG thank you to Trenloe for doing a quick update for the Shop Database to make in compatible with FG3.0 and to work with the CORERPG engine. I have polished it up a little to make the look and feel closer to FG 3.0

We have tested it with CORERPG, Pathfinder and 3.5E and the same version works for all. It should also work with other rulesets without modification.

I have also updated the Town database in the same way and it should also be compatible with most rulesets.

Apart from the code updates, the file naming is now further simplified as there is no need for different branches for the D&D and Pathfinder rulesets.

With Brad's agreement I will be doing some further work based on these extensions and I am interested in comments on the following developments I have done.

Places Database:

This extends the "shop" idea to cover all kinds of locations - temples, taverns, hideouts, castles etc. My current code has five tabs:

- Main: fields: place type, alignment, deity, clientele, GM notes
    - Notes: free form descriptive text
    - NPCs: links to NPC & Groups associated with the place
    - Story: links to Story entries associated with the place
    - Inventory: inventory items available at the place, the prices and links to library item records

Groups Database:

This adds a way to keep track of groups or affiliations in game, like clans, tribes, religious organisations, secret societies etc. It allows you to add NPCs and keep track of their relationship (e.g. member, enemy, friend etc)

My current code has five tabs:

- Main: fields: type, alignment, scale, GM notes
    - Notes: free form descriptive text
    - NPCs: links to NPC associated with the group and their role
    - Story: links to Story entries associated with the group

Please feel free to comment or suggest additional fields. I will release a beta in about a week or so.

I will also update the Town database to link to these databases once any bugs from the conversion have been dealt with.

All the best

Toph
    Great work indeed! Thou I find small bug which break Town extension in my unofficial SW4 ruleset:

extension_start.lua line 9: DesktopManager.registerDockShortcut is invoked with 7 parameters, however CoreRPG supports only 6 and actually last two ("tab_npcs", "tab_shops") doesn't seem to do nothing. I suspect old code base in these cases, no?

Why does it get broken in my ruleset and not in CoreRPG, because in my ruleset 7th parameter is optional number and when bypassing string instead it doesn't like it.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Hi Guys,

Not trying to steal anyone's thunder or anything, but are you aware I released an Extension for the CoreRPG called Locations which includes all of the Towns and Shops Extension stuff, plus has a bunch of other stuff in it as well - and its fully backwards compatible with the old Towns and Shops Extensions?

Links are:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...abse-Extension

or

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extensions

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Yes, I am aware of it and I like it very much! However it's already compatible with my SW4 ruleset and I am looking for CoreRPG exts which have some compatible issues and mentioning them for awareness/fix purposes

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi Guys,

Not trying to steal anyone's thunder or anything, but are you aware I released an Extension for the CoreRPG called Locations which includes all of the Towns and Shops Extension stuff, plus has a bunch of other stuff in it as well - and its fully backwards compatible with the old Towns and Shops Extensions?

Links are:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...abse-Extension

or

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extensions

Cheers
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Yes, I am aware of it and I like it very much! However it's already compatible with my SW4 ruleset and I am looking for CoreRPG exts which have some compatible issues and mentioning them for awareness/fix purposes
    Ahh, I misunderstood the intent - sorry.

I am curious, however, as to why the Shops and Towns Extensions are still being used, considering that the Locations Extension (in effect) supersedes them - I suppose its similar to the question why would people still use FG v2.9.4 when FG v3.0.3 is available? The only reason I could come up with was that people weren't aware of the Locations Extension.

Having said that, people are, or course, free to use whichever Extensions, Rulesets, Modules, etc that the like - I was just trying to be helpful

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I wasn't aware of this extension. And I am able to export shops data now, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    I wasn't aware of this extension. And I am able to export shops data now, thanks!
    You're welcome.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Sandpoint module for 'Shops and Towns' extension?

Please don't hammer me (too hard) for reviving a 5-month old thread (although its content still appears completely relevant).

I am just starting to explore some of the extensions that we have (my explorations are currently limited to PFRPG, and specifically the ROTRL campaign - my first Pathfinder campaign, as well as my first FG campaign). Tenian's Language Chat extension was my first encounter, and after watching the video, I look forward to making use of it.

Anyway, discovering the availability of the topic of this thread, i.e. 'Shops and Towns' (and now 'Locations'), has me immediately wondering whether any well-known entities (and, given my previous statement, I'm sure you can anticipate where I am going with this) like Sandpoint are represented in a 'module' for inclusion in an existing campaign? (I hope that question makes sense.)
    Last edited by swest; October 21st, 2014 at 08:17. Reason: rework

Blog Entries
    @swest - firstly you should *consider* using this instead due to its greater scope - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...abse-Extension
    but to answer your question - probably not. we cant share copyright protected info without express permission...

Thread Information