DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Shop & Town Extension for 3.5E / Pathfinder / 4E

So I've gotten some great feedback so far on my town conversion for Pathfinder. I took the advice, and cleaned up the code as well as made a 4E conversion as well.
    Someone recommended a shop plugin for it, since towns have several shops, so now you can setup shops in both rulesets! You don't need the town.ext plugin to make the shop.ext plugin work, but if you use them together a town file will accept shop drops as a list so it's pretty handy!

Version 1.2 is posted below:
    Changelog:
    - Added 4th tab for Shoplist in Town
    - Changed Main tab for both 3.5E / 4E to be more in line with what the cities require from each ruleset
    - Changed icons
    - Font sizing & location issues fixed

Update for Town & Shop version 1.3

Changelog:
    Updated sidebar icons; made new sidebar icons for 4E to make them match
    Added banner icons on the main windows
    Added tab icons to clarify
    Updated sorting to auto sort by name for all windows
    Changed Shop inventory screen to show base cost and market price (price of the shop)
    Changed NPC window to display CR / Level / Role and type (so that alignment is shown)

To Do - for 1.4 -
    Update sorting for shop inventory and town NPC tab to sort by different columns
    Add bestiary extension that pulls from module files and allows sorting of different columns i.e. level, type

Economy extension is also in the works to plug into town and shops.

Hi Bradmcadam,

Some feedback testing the extension in v2.9 beta (although I think some or all may apply to 2.8 as well). I tested mosly with v1.2, but I have just now re-confirmed these with 1.3:

General: Love it; very useful. Seems quite stable so far.

Scrolling - There is new scrolling in 2.9 (scrollbars), but neither the scrollbars nor the old scrolling control are appearing in the list windows.

Window Closing - Windows now have a "close" (X) button in the upper right, as well as the radial menu option to close them.

Lock/unlock: Detail windows for NPCs, etc., have a small lock icon in the lower left corner. The detail field content is read-only after initial entry unless that is toggled.

Town form, main tab

When using the Tab key to move from field to field, the Tabbing stops at the "Danger" field.

The "Disadvantages" field Tabs backwards to the "Danger" field (so, when currently on either "Qualities" or "Disadvantages", hitting Tab goes to "Danger").

Town form, NPCs tab

CR/Level column - In the "Notable NPCs by Name" list, this is not getting populated, although I did populate the CR field for each entry.

The "Drop NPC links on this frame to add" message can overlay entries on the list. This may be related to the scrolling.

Thanks very much, i'm finding it very useful, and expect to test it out more later tonight when I get home.

Blog Entries
    I'll have to take a look at this later. When it is fully complete, we could possibly throw it into the Store under 3.5E/Pathfinder and/or 4E if you were open to that. It might increase the visibility. We always have the option of including free or paid products in the store and could also link it in to the Update tool we're testing for 2.9.1 and beyond.

In general, I think useful utilities like this could do well in the store as fan-made DLC. The new table functionality in 3.5E and 4E present a lot of opportunity for charts, lookups, random tables, etc. With some scripting support, one could pretty much make interactive components for players to use. How cool would that be to stop by a town and then let each player individually go shopping with a fully automated NPC who runs the store and shares their available wares, orders or agrees to do commissioned work and who deducts money from the Player's sheet to pay for the goods? The whisper feature with a listener that parses the player whisper response could potentially be used to handle the interactions in the chat window without cluttering everyone else's chat windows.

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I only wrote this for 2.8 since that's what I'm currently DMing, so a lot of the features that are apparently broken for 2.9, I'm unaware of.

@Silveras:
    - Scrolling: I decided to leave it out, since I never use those, but now that I have feedback I'll redesign the windows. On the same note, I'll clean up the boxes so the lists don't overlap on text, bad on my part, I never tested with a list greater than 5.
    - Window closing: I'm not sure what's going on with 2.9, in 2.8 I have it setup to close the window with both the 'x' and the radial menu. I'll check on that.
    - Main tab: I'll fix with 1.4, hopefully this weekend I'll have a release out.
    - CR/Level column may have a different variable I'm not aware of in 2.9 I'll look into that as well

@ddavison:
    Once it gets closer to a stable version and works for 2.9 let's talk about getting it on the store page. I'm having a lot of trouble with scripting for the moment, so I'm curious to see if 2.9 will fix any of my issues.

@bnason:
    Thanks!
    Last edited by bradmcadam; May 25th, 2012 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bradmcadam
    Thanks for the awesome feedback! I only wrote this for 2.8 since that's what I'm currently DMing, so a lot of the features that are apparently broken for 2.9, I'm unaware of.

@Silveras:
    - Scrolling: I decided to leave it out, since I never use those, but now that I have feedback I'll redesign the windows. On the same note, I'll clean up the boxes so the lists don't overlap on text, bad on my part, I never tested with a list greater than 5.
    - Window closing: I'm not sure what's going on with 2.9, in 2.8 I have it setup to close the window with both the 'x' and the radial menu. I'll check on that.
    - Main tab: I'll fix with 1.4, hopefully this weekend I'll have a release out.
    - CR/Level column may have a different variable I'm not aware of in 2.9 I'll look into that as well

Thanks!
    Yep, I mentioned the 2.9 stuff to be a heads-up in case some or all was working more consistently in 2.8. Overall, the functionality is mostly solid; I've had no issues other than those mentioned here, in putting in a fairly small town (15 or so NPCs, 5 shops). I have started on a bigger town now, so I will let you know if I find anything else while entering that.

It looks like the extensions break in the latest 2.9 update. An error dialog pops up with the same message twice:

Ruleset Error: No vertical anchor defined for 'tabs'
    Ruleset Error: No vertical anchor defined for 'tabs'

This occurs when opening the City or Shop window or switching between tabs on them. The windows open and are usable.

No close button either (not gamebreaking at all, but just an FYI - have to use the radial to close the town/shop lists).

Real quick, if you could let me know which ruleset you're using when you post errors it would be helpful. I had to code them very differently.

On a side note, is 2.9 going to be released anytime soon? I'll judge how much work I put into that based on it's potential release date.

Thread Information