Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I'll be starting a Deadlands Reloaded mini-campaign in mid Feb.
    Thanks so much for the offer. I'm still trying to find a semi-realistic based campaign to try.

Dr. Venture, I have very limited experience GMing but I definitely see the danger of planning so much and then having the players choose to go in a totally different direction. I'm sure I've done that to many GM's over the years.

Anyway best of luck. Hopefully we'll all find the western genre game/campaign soon.

I have a campaign VERY similar to this I started over at Roll20. I'd be more than willing to run it over FG if people prefer. I could use a few more players too! I am using the OGL Shotguns & Saddles for the system, which seems to work great, although I have been considering Boot Hill 3e.

Do you have Skype, dr_venture? I'd love to discuss this with you on there.

I'd love to add a few more players and maybe someone interested in either taking over as GM (so I can actually play for once) or at least co-GM with me. I have a lot of old west adventure modules I can provide as well.
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Hey that sounds really cool. I would love to be a player in your game if you have room. I have almost every western game there is except Shotguns and Saddles. But I will try and track down a copy if that's what you prefer to use. I do have Boot Hill 3e already. I'd also find a way to get roll20 or whatever online gaming would work best. I'll do everything I can to have the opportunity to play in the game.

After playing a bit, I'd be willing to attempt to co-GM with you. I have very little experience GMing and haven't been all that successful when I've done it.

I would definitely love to participate. The genre is one of my favorites and hard to find games.

Part of me is dying to participate (although I invested quite a lot of time and effort in my C&C-based custom set of rules, classes, and weapons, so I wouldn't be into just abandoning all that). But I don't really have time to play in any games right now, and I'm still at a loss to figure out exactly what was working in my last game, as opposed to what wasn't. The obvious tropes worked (arm up and go after [put target name here]... find [somebody]... protect [somebody else]), which is all well and good, but made for a difficult game to plan for and keep fresh (especially when nearly all game materials had to be created from scratch, so difficult to just switch plans on a dime). I started to dabble in tiny corners of the paranormal (living Indian legends, etc.), but didn't want the fantastic to become anything remotely routine, or to play another version of Deadlands (no reason not to just play that if that's what you're looking for).

So, I'm torn. If you guys would like to poke around my Obsidian Portal web site for the campaign (which has lots of rules and period resources), shoot me a PM and I'll set up access. Maybe you'd find some interesting materials there? C&C is so close to D20 that many rules could transfer nearly straight to D20, if you found something interesting. And keep me informed if you guys get something going... I might have to just make the time to participate in some way, if there was room.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I completely understand being swamped and having scheduling issues. My own schedule is tight as well. It sounds like several people in this thread have pretty full plate with their schedules. But I'm really hoping I can find a way to fit it all in should we have enough folks interested to progress toward scheduling play sessions. I've bought the PDF of Shotguns and Saddles, and I'd be willing to get a hold of C&C rules as well if that's a system that someone will use.

I honestly want to play so badly that I'll use whatever rule set with which the GM is willing to host the game. dr_venture I'd love to check out what you have at your website. If that's an option.

You're welcome to poke around up there. Just send me your Obsidian Portal account name (sign up if you don't have one - it's free) and I'll send you an invite... I have it as private because there are game materials shared there that I don't want to make freely available on the Internet. You should get a kick out of it, as there is a fair bit of stuff posted there that is applicable to mid 19th century gaming. I was looking around there the other day after responding here, and it really made me pine for that game... if I only knew what to do about it :P
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

BTW, C&C is very similar to AD&D 1e and 2e... so game materials can be swapped fairly readily between that and other D&D/D20 game systems with minimal fuss. A bunch of my game material was cobbled together from both Go Fer Yer Gun! (usually free over at DriveThruRPG) and Sidewinder: Recoiled (an out of print D20 Modern supplement, but available via Steve Jackson Games last time I looked).

Sounds really cool. I have a hard copy and PDF of Sidewinder: Recoiled. I've played all of the above mentioned AD&D editions as well, so it sounds like C&C won't be too difficult to figure out.

I have Gunslingers, and Coyote Trail that I got at drivethru. So I'll check now and see if I can also get go fer yer gun.

I was just creating and having some sample brawling and gunfights with the new Shotguns and Saddles that I got as well. I'm really looking forward to checking everything out. Thanks again.

Invitation sent -- hope you enjoy the site

Thanks for the invite. I've been reading quite a bit on there. It's really awesome and seems like all of your research really created a complete gaming world that really seems whole. That's awesome. It sounds like the characters all put some good work into their stories as well.

I also downloaded Go Fer Yer Gun but haven't been able to look at that yet.

Thread Information