FG Spreadshirt Swag

Combat Tracker Timer

I swear I saw where someone had a timer function set up on the combat tracker, where when the flag was passed it kicked off a timer. I would love to implement this to help spur players into making their turns in a speedy manner. If anyone has this please post.

Agreed. Bring a little tension to the VTT

I would kill for that feature. And my players would kill me for it
    Play is the highest form of research -- Einstein

There isn't currently a mechanism for timers in FG. It would have to be a new feature.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread necromancy - is it still impossible in the latest version?

It's not currently under development, though you can vote on it via the link in my sig.

Regards,
    JPG

I was irritated that such a feature didn't exist in Fantasy Grounds. After doing some digging, I found a way to implement a Combat Timer though it's not pretty (considering how easy it would be to add a timer callback in the FG API, but oh well). I'm putting the finishing touches on it (need to add a settings page to the timer, but the countdown works).

I'm doing this for my own campaign since some of our combat turns take forever and I'd like to spur some of our players to faster action. Would the community be interested in my extension once its finished? Here's what it looks like...

Attachment 13743

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgarra View Post
    Would the community be interested in my extension once its finished?
    You bet! Please do share your extension.

Finished. I never did figure out how to use database nodes... though there's not a lot of state to save between sessions (only the initial timer value). I'll dig more into it for my next extensions.

I'll beta it with my group this Saturday and then post it for community use. Speaking of... how exactly do I do that?

Blog Entries
    Start a new post and attach the file - you might not have enough posts yet to attach files so PM Trenloe or Zacchaeus once you have made the new post.

Thread Information