5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Has anyone ever seen a map like this? Does anyone know what software DA uses to make their maps, so I could try to extend it?
    For a simple approach, how about trying Pyro's Dungeon Builder map making application? You could make a bigger map that looks vaguely like the one you already have (in terms of colour, features, etc.), save it and then overlay your original map in the middle of the larger one to create a bigger map with the central encounter area. Of course, there will be an obvious join, but it will probably work and be quite quick...

Then, if needs be, you could play around in whichever image/graphics program you use (I use GIMP) and smooth out the join, clone areas, etc...

Or, start with a new large, blank image in GIMP (or whatever tool you use), import the original encounter map into the middle and use tools in GIMP to clone sections of the map. Look for add on images on the internet to add terrain and also textures.

There are other posts in the forums on how people use graphics programs to create maps and textures and feature images are mentioned - I think there's a thread by DrZeuss, and also look at post #6 on this thread for a link to the CSUAC image archive.

And there's the Vintyri Project with lots of textures and symbols.

Id welcome more general maps... Its nice to be able to grab a map for a random encounter and have it have a little flavor

I thought those were very generic maps myself?

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I think he just wants more of them...

Quote Originally Posted by wbcreighton
    I think he just wants more of them...
    Exactly... Not a complaint at all on the ones here More please

Good job on the maps I love threads like this, not only for the freebies but all the advice and links to other sites that I didn't know about where I can get... yes... more freebies!

I was looking for a map of a library and did not find any I liked. So I made one with Dundjinni and thought I'd share.

Chris

Edit: I can't make up my mind. The .jpg is 50 pix an inch and the .png's are 100.
    Last edited by madman; February 29th, 2012 at 15:33.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Two Hours Later. Where does the time go?

Here is another one I need for a game, .png so you can drop it on any background you like.

Link is here FG would not let me upload it.

Chris

I added a background to the keep so anyone can get good use out of it.

What the Hell, FG hates me. Again it will not let me upload a .jpg (2 MB) WHY?

Link to somewhere else for file

Chris
    Last edited by madman; February 29th, 2012 at 16:22. Reason: Image did not upload

Thread Information