5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I unfortunately don't use No-IP so I don't know how to troubleshoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklamb View Post
    I unfortunately don't use No-IP so I don't know how to troubleshoot them.
    I tried using my no-ip dynamic domain name (hardcoversph.ddns.net), on both putty and the batch file it just works!!!

This solution is still the best out there! Thanks for all the info everyone!

Will just have to edit the saved putty settings and the batch file everytime for the IP changes.
    Last edited by darellsison; February 21st, 2018 at 19:52.

I supose you can use the address noip gives you in place of you public IP in putty and the batch file. But you must manually update the IP on the noip site everytime you restart the instance.

ULTIMATE LICENSE OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by gandhi39 View Post
    I supose you can use the address noip gives you in place of you public IP in putty and the batch file. But you must manually update the IP on the noip site everytime you restart the instance.
    I applied my dynamic dns from No-IP on the putty and the batch file. I also installed the no-ip client on the AWS/Ubuntu server. That way if i restart I just have the client run on boot. It refreshes the IP an applies that change.

Quote Originally Posted by darellsison View Post
    I also installed the no-ip client on the AWS/Ubuntu server. That way if i restart I just have the client run on boot.
    Could you explain your steps to install and have the client run on boot?

ULTIMATE LICENSE OWNER

Could you explain your steps to install and have the client run on boot?
    I actually followed your guide in building the solution using AWS. Make sure you get the Tunneling to work with IP addresses first.

Once everything is working, proceed to Dynamic DNS setup.

a. Create an account in No-IP (https://www.noip.com/), and setup a hostname you want to use. Free accounts allow you to choose 3 domain names.

b. Copy into notepad your IP address of your AWS server. You will need that just to be sure.

c. Follow the guide here (https://www.noip.com/support/knowled...ent-on-ubuntu/) to install the No-IP Ubuntu client on your AWS. You will need this to make sure that when you start and stop your AWS your IP address syncs with your Dynamic DNS from No-IP.

d. Once you have that set, reboot your AWS using putty command line (sudo reboot now).

e. If you followed step C, every time when you reboot/stop-start your AWS just SSH into and run this command "/usr/local/bin/noip2"

f. There is a tutorial to make step E, auto run at boot but I haven't gotten around to do that well yet.

g. edit your saved putty setting from fixed IP to your chosen Dynamic DNS, do the same for your Batch File.

h. Your batch file should reflect the port tunneling similar to what i see in mine.

Requesting remote port "your dynamic dns":1802 forward to localhost:1802
    Remote debug message: Forwarding listen address "your dynamic dns" overridden by server GatewayPorts
    Remote port forwarding from "your dynamic dns".net:1802 enabled

i. DNS linking and sync takes time, sometimes a minute or two, my suggestion is to use the server IP (on step B) if it takes a while. After a few minutes the sync will happen.
    j. Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darellsison View Post
    I actually followed your guide in building the solution using AWS. Make sure you get the Tunneling to work with IP addresses first.

Once everything is working, proceed to Dynamic DNS setup.

a. Create an account in No-IP (https://www.noip.com/), and setup a hostname you want to use. Free accounts allow you to choose 3 domain names.

b. Copy into notepad your IP address of your AWS server. You will need that just to be sure.

c. Follow the guide here (https://www.noip.com/support/knowled...ent-on-ubuntu/) to install the No-IP Ubuntu client on your AWS. You will need this to make sure that when you start and stop your AWS your IP address syncs with your Dynamic DNS from No-IP.

d. Once you have that set, reboot your AWS using putty command line (sudo reboot now).

e. If you followed step C, every time when you reboot/stop-start your AWS just SSH into and run this command "/usr/local/bin/noip2"

f. There is a tutorial to make step E, auto run at boot but I haven't gotten around to do that well yet.

g. edit your saved putty setting from fixed IP to your chosen Dynamic DNS, do the same for your Batch File.

h. Your batch file should reflect the port tunneling similar to what i see in mine.

Requesting remote port "your dynamic dns":1802 forward to localhost:1802
    Remote debug message: Forwarding listen address "your dynamic dns" overridden by server GatewayPorts
    Remote port forwarding from "your dynamic dns".net:1802 enabled

i. DNS linking and sync takes time, sometimes a minute or two, my suggestion is to use the server IP (on step B) if it takes a while. After a few minutes the sync will happen.
    j. Enjoy!!!
    I had already done the rest of it.

Let me know if you find out how to run "/usr/local/bin/noip2" automatically when the instance starts without having to ssh into it. The tutorials I found about that did not work.

ULTIMATE LICENSE OWNER

I had already done the rest of it.

Let me know if you find out how to run "/usr/local/bin/noip2" automatically when the instance starts without having to ssh into it. The tutorials I found about that did not work.
    Its very tricky. I will ask around my office, my linux skills are rusty. At least you wont have to worry about it until month 11 if you are working on a free tier. Will probably migrate it to a nano server by the 11th month to save more hehehehe.

Made it! This should work: (ssh PuTTY session) (no need to install the noip client)

type: sudo apt-get update
    type: sudo apt-get install ddclient
    y
    use Esc to skip everything until the installation stops
    type: sudo nano /etc/ddclient.conf
    change the file as follows:

# Configuration file for ddclient generated by debconf
    #
    # /etc/ddclient.conf

protocol=dyndns2
    use=web, web=checkip.dyndns.com/, web-skip='IP Address'
    server=dynupdate.no-ip.com
    login=YOUR USERNAME ON NOIP
    password=YOUR PASSWORD ON NOIP
    YOUR HOSTNAME ADRESS ON NOIP (ex: yourname.ddns.net)

hold Ctrl+X
    (Y)es
    Enter

type: sudo /etc/init.d/ddclient restart

[updated the other tutorial to include this]
    Last edited by gandhi39; February 24th, 2018 at 03:58.

ULTIMATE LICENSE OWNER

Hi guys, you're amazing, thank you for the detailed walkthroughs, the only single thing I had to learn has only been how to write a batch file .

I think this should be sticky and evident somewhere, if it isn't already (I came here by googling putty fantasy grounds).

Thank you so much gandhi39 and everyone!
    Last edited by franzvonwittelsbach; April 4th, 2019 at 12:07.

Thread Information