Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

An update to the old classic Village of Hommlet

I'm in a very retro mood lately - gaming with old AD&D friends from high school, so I'm reviving the old classic Hommlet/Temple of Elemental Evil, run in Castles & Crusades. I'm making a C&C module out of it for FG - anyone interested in seeing it when it's done (and owns a copy, of course) PM me. In the meantime, here my new version of Hommlet:
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I figure the unfarmed areas around the village are fields left fallow. Also, since one of the shadow relief maps I used for terrain was of a particularly smooth area of mars, but still had a scattering of tiny craters, I left them in and put raw earth around them, figuring that the stone mason that lives near the castle's foundations is removing suitable rocks from the surrounding area for use in his trade. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I left the tiered layers of earth as Gygax roughly drew them - my little wink to him, and hey, we actually have some land formations like that near my place. Yeah, that's it.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Brings back nearly as many memories as Keep on the Borderlands...

Great work *hats off*

Stuart

Blog Entries
    dr_v, awesome map!

I made one for the village of Orlane recently (N1). It has a similar style actually, maybe I'll post it sometime. It's always good to see other people's work - I find it makes my own maps better...

That's very nice work. I have been thinking about running a Temple game again sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    hey doc - would love to see the module when complete
    And then you could run us through it - Hurray!

Blog Entries
    Very nice.

I was working on a pathfinder conversion for T1-4, This will make a nice addition to what I have.

Thanks

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Hey Madman (or anyone else, for that matter), my players are heading towards Hommlet soon - if you guys have any of the non-village maps worked up, send me a PM... thanks!

Thread Information