5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: The One Ring

I've got six players signed up from the group. That's the pre-gen slots, though I've created another character as a test of character generation, so there's that one available. I'm sure we can squeeze you in. Will be a big group if everyone turns up, with 7 players.

Any good with the combat tracker? It's the area I really struggle with and could do with the help. Character sheets and NPC sheets are easy by comparison.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    Great. I have been looking forward to playing in Middle-earth again since I saw the game at Leisure Games in NW London and picked up the book + PDF set. That was a while ago but I haven't gotten around to reading them or setting up a game yet.

I guess I had better read the adventurer's book and gen up on the game mechanics and rules. I'll hold off reading the Loremaster's book until we have completed the introductory adventure.

As to development, Combat Tracker shouldn't be a problem (famous last words right).

I do know the 4E one pretty well and that ones pretty complex. I'm also pretty comfortable with FGII's API, the database structure and coding more complex functionality like new controls objects, client/server messaging etc. etc. So I am pretty confident it shouldn't be a technical challenge, more life challenging in so much as finding the time to do it quickly.

What kind of functionality would you like to include and what data from PC/NPC sheets would you like linked to the entries?

Given you have greater familiarity with the rules of the game and its mechanics at this stage, if you can sketch out the overall features you would like to achieve, I can then work out how best to approach implementing the support features for the CT.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    I guess I had better read the adventurer's book and gen up on the game mechanics and rules. I'll hold off reading the Loremaster's book until we have completed the introductory adventure.
    Might be a help, but the game is to go through the intro adventure and see what the rules play like. This'll be the first game I've run using the rules. The other players don't necessarily have the rules, so I'll be taking things slowly and bringing people up to speed as we go.

I do know the 4E one pretty well and that ones pretty complex. I'm also pretty comfortable with FGII's API, the database structure and coding more complex functionality like new controls objects, client/server messaging etc. etc. So I am pretty confident it shouldn't be a technical challenge ...
    I've based the character sheet on Joshuha's Foundation Core, so the combat tracker will be the 4e version.

... more life challenging in so much as finding the time to do it quickly.
    Aye, don't I just know it.
    There's no rush. I've done the basics of the character sheet (enough to play) and there's no reply from Cubicle 7 as yet as to whether they'd be okay with me releasing it as a community set - or whether they have plans to release anything commercially.

What kind of functionality would you like to include and what data from PC/NPC sheets would you like linked to the entries?
    Well, the NPC sheet is still to do. From the character sheet, it'd be the name, weapon skills, armour / damage / parry scores, conditions indicators. Probably the same from the NPC sheet once done. Not sure if the 4e has the combat tracker sharing / player view. I'd guess it does as there's a visibility control.

Given you have greater familiarity with the rules of the game and its mechanics at this stage
    Not sure about that
    I've read through the books and feel comfortable enough to try a game, that's about it.

if you can sketch out the overall features you would like to achieve, I can then work out how best to approach implementing the support features for the CT.
    Will do. Can you PM me an email address. I'll set up a dropbox folder so you can pick up the ruleset to work on.

Blog Entries
    Well given the adventurer's guide is 192 pages long, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get through it all before the game so a slow intro will help me too.

I must admit I am intrigued as to some of the mechanics like Hope and Fellowship Focus and how that will affect players choices when roleplaying. It really does sound like its going to be fun.

Looking forward to Sunday.

As for the extension and CT development, I'll drop you a PM.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

If space comes up for a player please can I go on the reserve list? I have the hard copy rules so will try not to slow things up!

Any status update for this? Now with the release of the Tales From Wilderland campaign I really want to play/run this!

I would love to see this one out
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Unfortunately the feedback I got from the publishers was that I can not distribute the extension I've produced for The One Ring. The impression I've got from them is that there are license restrictions that prevent them giving their approval. A shame as it's really just another online character sheet.

Yikes! Yet another project I was looking forward to that has been deep sixed for FG.

This table is definitely not paying off for me.

C7 are unable to give an official blessing, but they've not told Azrapse to take his character generator down and that contains the rules for generating the characters. They've even linked to that from the forum.

Pass me an email and I'll send the ruleset. Its an extension for Joshuha's Foundation Core. No modules though. This is purely the character sheet, NPC sheet and combat tracker.

Thread Information