5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: The One Ring

I wonder if it's possible to change the dice icons in the chat box so that they show the runes on the dice?

They show the result of the die roll. Zero for the Eye of Sauron and 10 for the Gandalf G-rune. You can't put a mask over the dice icons currently.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Well you could change the background image the number is written over. However, you can only do this for the built-in die types so if you had a system that didn't use say the d20 you could set that background graphic to a different icon, intercept the die rolls and if you were to roll the Sauron switch it to that kind of dice to give a different background to the number. Not quite the same effect and this only works if you have built-in die you aren't using.

That's an idea. The game pretty much uses a d12 and several d6s. It would be possible to swap out an image of the d20 and d4 (for example). Might give it a whirl and see what it looks like.

Examples below. With and without a d12 underlay. Not sure myself. I think I prefer the simple d12 showing the result after adjustment.

I like the first one better, but the numerals ruin the image. Is it not possible to not give a numeral based on the roll of an 11 or 12?

Not really, you need the number in order to make up the total correctly. It's not too visible on the first graphic, but you can just about make out the numbers. On the second, the numbers stand out against the black d12.

I think the first one looks pretty good. That way you get the total, plus the summary of all the symbols.

The character sheet is going to get its first real play this weekend. I'm going to be running the introductory adventure with the pre-gen characters in our group's Sunday slot. So far, I've got three (maybe four) players out of a possible six. I'm using a FG2 Ultimate license, so if anyone is interested in joining in they would be welcome.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to join if you have a place open still, Valarian. I can make a start from 8pm GMT. PM me the details if OK.

Also, willing to lend a hand to the development of the extension, if your of need of another pair of hands.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information