Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: The One Ring

Quote Originally Posted by daddystabz
    Yikes! Yet another project I was looking forward to that has been deep sixed for FG.

This table is definitely not paying off for me.
    They cannot stop you from running your own version, it just cannot be shared out.

Unfortunately license limitations over the years have nerfed quite a few cool projects, it is the world we live in.

Just buy all my Savage Worlds stuff and run that
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Except that tacit approval has been given by C7, through a link on their forum in a resources thread maintained by the admins, of a character generator website (https://azrapse.es/tor/sheet.html). This site actually stores text from the books and the rules for character generation, with a branding icon.

The Fantasy Grounds ruleset (or extension) does none of this. The ruleset provides blank character sheets, blank NPC sheets, combat tracker and dice rolling. I have created modules with rules for Player reference, for use in my own games while they are connected, but these can't be shared as to do so would be breach of copyright. Essentially, what I will be providing is the means to play, not the text.

Essentially, I'm getting "if you ask permission, we can't say yes due to license". The reading between the lines, and the tacit approval of the character generation website, the message seems to be "don't ask". I guess the saying is true, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thread Information