FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 24 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

I have already started the port to CoreRPG but it is seriously non-trivial given the amount of customisation in the current Shadowrun 4 ruleset. I want to do something quick to get people able to use what's available with 5e, also helping me to understand how it all works.
    My plan is to implement 3 things for now:
    Limits on skill tests
    New Initiative system
    Use one armour type
    The rest will wait for the CoreRPG version which will take a few months, I reckon...
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Shadou View Post
    What are the differences between 4e and 5e? I've been looking for a list of major differences, but all I can find is people praising or complaining about the differences, but no information on what the differences are. Can someone give a detail comparison here?
    There's a thread here that talks about the differences:
    https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questi...t-i-should-kno

Cheers

Ian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    I have already started the port to CoreRPG but it is seriously non-trivial....
    ...The rest will wait for the CoreRPG version which will take a few months, I reckon...
    Yes... non trivial is correct! But you are going that way anyway... everything else you do now will be... superseded.
    Either way - keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yes... non trivial is correct! But you are going that way anyway... everything else you do now will be... superseded.
    Either way - keep up the good work!
    Not necessarily everything.. I was able to port a decent amount of my pre-3.0 code in... but certainly a LOT of it will need to be modified.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

great news! We've been using the 4e ruleset, but there are a lot of things that don't work well for 5e. I'm happy to see this in development. I would like to learn xml as well, but it seems a bit daunting and I'm not sure where to start. If you need any help, I'd be more than willing to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe484 View Post
    great news! We've been using the 4e ruleset, but there are a lot of things that don't work well for 5e. I'm happy to see this in development. I would like to learn xml as well, but it seems a bit daunting and I'm not sure where to start. If you need any help, I'd be more than willing to give it a try!
    Hi, I did start this, then I got distracted with some SavageWorlds stuff and got really busy at work. It is definitely still high on my priority list, though. I got some attribute limits working and am working on the weapons limits...
    I'll let you know how I progress.

A quick update on the Shadowrun 4 ruleset.

I finally found some time to start updating the ruleset to CoreRPG. I decided to migrate it how it is, then improve it and finally convert it to Shadowrun 5e. The good news is that I now have a version which is running under CoreRPG without wierd errors (except in the NPC sheet).

I have a working PC sheet, the incomplete NPC sheet as was and a basic working combat tracker which correctly tracks multiple initiative passes.

As the old one did, it calculates successes, tracks ammo usage, etc. I have also added the beginnings of targetting, with the target being identified in the chat window.

Next step is to finish the NPC sheet.

Cheers

Ian

Blog Entries
    In theory.. the targeting stuff 'should' be a gimme from the CoreRPG ruleset if you can avoid overwriting it in your combat tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    In theory.. the targeting stuff 'should' be a gimme from the CoreRPG ruleset if you can avoid overwriting it in your combat tracker.
    Yeah, you are right, it tells me who is/are targetted, but the Shadowrun combat is so involved that I have had to do loads of code in the callbacks to calculate successes etc, so I will still have to handle the targetting.
    I have to decide how much I automate it. I'd like to get to the point that when a charcter attacks another player's character, it calculates the hits, then invites the other player to roll the defense and tracks the net hits, then invites the armour roll and calculates the final damage. But that's going to be down the line.

Blog Entries
    You sure you don't want to automate that defense roll? It seems like it would flow better if the defenses were automatic.

Thread Information