DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 22 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    excuse me mr moon wizard, but can you take a minute or two and look at the error i posted above?

krb243,

Cody is actually the one working on the utility, and he was pulled away by a family emergency. I will have him take a look as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    JPG

Reply to Krb243 and Raedmere

Hey everyone. I want to apologize on the lack of response. I've been working on a new update that will bring the program cross-platform. It's currently working in Ubuntu Linux and needs to be tested in Mac. That should be out soon. On top of that my Dad has fallen ill and I've been attending to my family.

Raedmere
    Wait for the next update and your problem should be solved. Although if you could send me those system specifications that would really help.

Krb243
    I believe you have exported your character incorrectly. To export your character correctly from Hero Lab you must click File->Save Custom Output and then in the dialog select the "Generate XML File" button and click output.

Everyone
    Expect a new update soon. If any of you have Linux or Mac systems I especially would love your testing support on the newest update coming out.

Best regards,
    Cody Stebbins

Blog Entries
    You can sign me up for Mac testing.

Is this native Mac/Linux support or via a Windows service wrapper like Wine?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Best wishes for your father.

This is a great utility, can you comment on this 'error'. Overall the import looks good, I'm just wondering what I may be missing on my original D&DI character that may be flagging this:

Conversion Start
    Version: 2.8.1A
    Display Ruleset: 4E
    Internal Ruleset: 4E
    Source Format: Dungeons & Dragons Insider .dnd4e
    ->Path: C:\DND_4E_Characters\Adran.dnd4e
    Output to Xml: true
    ->Path: C:\Documents\DND_4E_Characters\Adran.dnd4e
    Import to Local Character List: false
    Import to Campaign: false

----Conversion Results----
    Node Read Error. <Name20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/StatBlock/Stat[alias/@name='Saving Throws']/@value>
    Adran successfully converted.
    Adran successfully outputted to XML
    Successfully saved output xml to file.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Another character converter update. The plan is to release the character converter officially with v2.8.1.

Notes
    • Please uninstall all previous versions of Character Converter
    • Characters exported from PCGen using the sheets from older versions of Character Converter will need to be exported again if the "Invalid PCGen file" error occurs.

Updates
    • Changed from installer back into basic utility executable.
    • Uses .Net v2 (instead of v4) which is pre-installed under Windows 7/Vista, and is supported by Mono on Mac/Linux.
    • Tested on Ubuntu Linux v11.04. Right click on the .exe -> Click Open with -> Click "Use Custom Command" -> Type "mono" -> Open. Mono should be a default launcher for .exe's now allowing you to simply double click and open the file.
    • Other Linux distributions (not tested) : Ensure that Mono is installed and follow above directions. Link to dl: https://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html
    • Data accuracy improvements

Regards,
    JPG

thanx cody, ur right, i was not exporting from herolab incorrectly. i knew i was causing my own problem, but didn't know where. btw, it was nice meeting u at gencon last saturday when u first told me about the converter
    Life is too short to worry about things you can do nothing about
    Gaming since '78, DM/GMing since '79 (an ultimate grognard)
    Ultimate License owner

Seeming Non-deterministic Behavior

Greetings!

It was great to see you again at GenCon!

I've used the converter many times trying to figure out the circumstances that the import works, but I'm at a loss.

When I run the converter, I will frequently not get the character added to the campaign I selected. A text dump of a typical import at the end of this post.

I've run it with and without "local" selected when I'm importing to a campaign. I've run it with and without the campaign already open in a separate FG2 window. I've generated fresh .dnd4e files for each character. But I just can't nail it down.

It seems to take several runs to actually get the character imported into my chosen campaign. Once it is imported, it has the quirks mentioned by other posters, but is only in need of a bit of tweaking, rather than wholesale entry.

This is a fantastic tool! I just can't seem to get it to import realiably. I just keep re-running it until the character actually gets imported.

Just to re-iterate: Every run *says* that it succeeded, and has a log file very much like the log at the end of this post.

Thanks again for the tool! I'm also looking forward to HeroLab 4e support.

-Thomas

NOTE: I've inserted a space between ':' and 'D20' in the text because the posting editor complained about too many images.
    ---------------------- LOG OUTPUT -------------------
    Conversion Start
    Version: 2.8.1B
    Display Ruleset: 4E
    Internal Ruleset: 4E
    Source Format: Dungeons & Dragons Insider .dnd4e
    .Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Thomas\My Documents\ddi\Online Game\Mouse17.dnd4e
    Output to Xml: false
    Import to Local Character List: false
    Import to Campaign: true
    Char Import Test.Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Thomas\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\Char Import Test\db.xml
    ----Conversion Results----
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/StatBlock/Stat[alias/@name='Default Epic Destiny']/statadd/@String>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='First Strike']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Rogue Tactics']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Artful Dodger']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Sharpshooter Talent']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Sharpshooter Talent (Crossbow)']>
    Node Read Error. <Name:RulesElement; Path:specific[@name='Short Description']; Info:Sharpshooter Talent (Crossbow)>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Far Shot']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Sneak Attack']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Crossbow Expertise']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Slaying Action']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Black Arrow Style']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Weapon Focus (Crossbow)']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Backstabber']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Distant Advantage']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Distant Shot']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Crossbow Savant']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Sniper Action']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Steady Shooter']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Unerring Ambush']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Danger Sense']>
    Node Read Error. <Name: D20Character; Path:CharacterSheet/RulesElementTally/RulesElement[@type='Power' and @name='Versatile Combatant']>
    Mouse successfully converted.
    Mouse successfully imported to campaign Char Import Test
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to tpkurilla

tpkurilla
    Would you mind sending me your .dnd4e files that were causing problems? Also what operating system are you running?

Best regards,
    Cody Stebbins

Quote Originally Posted by cstebbins
    tpkurilla
    Would you mind sending me your .dnd4e files that were causing problems? Also what operating system are you running?

Best regards,
    Cody Stebbins
    Not at all. Just let me know what your email is.

-Thomas

Thread Information