5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 22 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Just posted an update from Cody.

Updates
    • PCGen Pathfinder and 3.5E now supported.*
    • "Install PCGen Support" conveniently installs all the necessary files for PCGen 3.5/Pathfinder export. Run with administrative privileges to enable this.
    • More user friendly error handling. Errors from convert now display in log and disable convert button.
    • Hero Lab PF/3.5E: Skill descriptions now populate.

Known Limitations to PCGen Support
    • No breakdown of speed points. All speed points dumped into base.
    • Special speed movement types (fly, etc..) may not convert.
    • Special senses beyond vision may not convert.
    • Armor and weapon proficiencies show up in feats.
    • Empty spellsets will sometimes display in spellsets.
    • Spell actions may not contain all actions for a spell.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sounds great!

Which version of PCGen is this for?

I've just ran a very quick test in PCGen 5.16.4 OOC6 (the stable release with the latest data set) for a level 1 Pathfinder wizard:

- Skill ranks didn't come through at all. The "skilllist" tag is empty: <skilllist> </skilllist> (I'm assuming this is what is used to populate the skills?)
    - Spells - only short descriptions came through, no spell details. Is this what you refer to as "Spell Actions" above?

I don't know if this is because I'm not running the same version of PCGen - or because it wasn't installed in the standard directory? But, I loaded the output sheets to .\outputsheets\d20\fantasy\htmlxml and selected the csheet_FantasyGrounds2_pc_3.5.xml template when outputting - so I assume the directory doesn't matter.

Reply to Trenloe

This program is designed for the current version of PCGen, but should be compatible with all versions. Great catch Trenloe on the skill list feature. Looking over the code I found a bug that could prevent the <skilllist> element from being populated. As for the spells the description that is populated is, as of current, all of the description that can be gathered for a spell. I will be posting the updated program tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you had the time to try it out.

Best regards,
    Cody Stebbins

Quote Originally Posted by cstebbins
    This program is designed for the current version of PCGen, but should be compatible with all versions. Great catch Trenloe on the skill list feature. Looking over the code I found a bug that could prevent the <skilllist> element from being populated. As for the spells the description that is populated is, as of current, all of the description that can be gathered for a spell. I will be posting the updated program tomorrow.
    No problem helping out with some testing - I'm doing a bit more... I'm sure a lot of these are on your to do list, but just in case I'll list them:

Good news:
    - I created a 1st level Cleric and all of the cleric spells populated perfectly - full descriptions under the link next to the spell. :-)

I've tested Wizard and Bard spells and they don't populate with full info. :-(

Further findings:

- Speed shows as 6 and "walk 30ft." in special movement, for example - when speed should be in 5ft. increments?

- <specialabilitylist> doesn't populate.

- Money doesn't populate.

- Armor "max stat" (armormaxdexbonus) isn't being shown.

- CMD - size mod should be the same as for CMB (-1 for small, +1 for large, for example). Currently it looks like it's reating size the same as for AC.

Thanks for all of the work, I'm sure lots of people really appreciate it -it's looking great so far!

I'm happy to do more testing for you if you'd like.

Cheers,

Martin.

Reply to Trenloe

Trenloe you are a superb beta tester! I've added all of your comments to the todo list. I should have a version with your comments addressed and some new features by today or tomorrow. Thanks again for being so thorough and dependable with your feedback.

Best regards,
    Cody Stebbins

New update to character importer.

• Multiple character convert support.
    • Spell DC ability set for Hero Lab core classes and all classes PCGen.

JPG

I just tried to import a Bard (Songhealer archetype) from Herolab, but none of the spells ported to the actions-tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonal
    I just tried to import a Bard (Songhealer archetype) from Herolab, but none of the spells ported to the actions-tab.
    I reported this in post #7 of this thread.

Increase the spells known to their correct value and you should see the spells "appear".

Ah thank you! I'm blind it seems^^

edit: Spells known(per day) were at their correct levels...or in the xml?
    edit 2: I had two characters, a bard and an oracle and the Oracle got its spells correctly.
    Last edited by Leonal; July 30th, 2011 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonal
    Ah thank you! I'm blind it seems^^

edit: Spells known(per day) were at their correct levels...or in the xml?
    edit 2: I had two characters, a bard and an oracle and the Oracle got its spells correctly.
    Thats a shame - I hoped it was going to be an easy "fix" with the spells known. I haven't done much testing of the Hero Lab import so not sure which spellcaster classes work OK and which don't.

Used the Character generator for a 4e game. Used the D&D Insider account Character builder. For the most part everything seems clear, except for a few small issues that can be worked around.

1-Characters wearing heavy armor (Chain, Scale, and Plate) are imported with a -3 to their AC, but this is fixed by just adjusting it manually.

2-When applying the Skill Check penalty to a skill that only has 1/2 Lvl modifier, it doesn't seem to calculate the armor check penalty until it's adjusted.

For example: If I have a zero Dex modifer (10-11) and I'm level 2, I should have a +1 to Acrobatics, and if I'm wearing heavy armor (Chain for example), I should have a -1 to Acrobatics checks so my overall score should be zero. When the character is first imported, the check is still +1 as a result of the 1/2 level bonus. If I adjust the "Misc" category on the skill sheet at all, it then adds in the armor check penalty and sets it to a -1 (after I set it back to zero)

3-Inventory elements and weapons on the combat tab seem to populate without a reference tag on them (the little red card on the right side of the item), but everything else seems to work fine (abilities/powers)

Outside of that it works great. Again, nothing major, just a few things that can easily be worked around.

Thanks again for this utility, it works amazing in tandem with FG2.

---===Edit===---

On point number 2, it seems that the Armor check penalty isn't calculated every time the character is loaded. After closing the character sheet, the armor check penalty isn't calculated the next time it opens up, and needs to be recalculated by adjusting the Misc score.
    Last edited by Mooses8D; July 31st, 2011 at 00:51.

Thread Information