5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 11 of 22 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Not sure if this has been reported, but there appears to be an issue with 4E and "Replace existing character". You recieve "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Code:
    Conversion Start
    Version: 2.8.1.K
    Game System: 4E
    Ruleset: 4E
    Source Format: D&D Insider (.dnd4e)
    .Path: C:\Users\micpre\Downloads\Kage.dnd4e
    Output to Xml: false
    Import to Local Character List: true
    .Path: C:\Users\micpre\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\characters\4E.xml
    Import to Campaign: false
    Using module manager: true
    Using local xslt: false
    Add class features as powers: true
    Add feats as powers: false
    Add item properties as powers: false
    ----Conversion Results----
    Kage successfully converted.
    Could not import Kage to local character list. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

I also had an issue with the Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, but for 3.5ed.

I went to the module manager and checked the appropriate modules to use and everything went smoothly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Just posted an update from Cody.

Updates
    [LIST][*]PCGen Pathfinder and 3.5E now supported.*[*]"Install PCGen Support" conveniently installs all the necessary files for PCGen 3.5/Pathfinder export. Run with administrative privileges to enable this.
    Is it possible to convert FG2 characters to PCGen format using this utility? If so, how?

Thanks!

3.5 Request

sorry wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    Is it possible to convert FG2 characters to PCGen format using this utility? If so, how?

Thanks!
    I don't think so, I'm afraid. It's a one-way import tool into Fantasy Grounds, not the other way.

i'm using the tool to import characters (to be NPC) from herolab into fantasyground. I've started to exercise myself in creating an adventure. So this makes it more easy to create a whole bunch of characters to toy around with

Quote Originally Posted by Arpat
    i'm using the tool to import characters (to be NPC) from herolab into fantasyground. I've started to exercise myself in creating an adventure. So this makes it more easy to create a whole bunch of characters to toy around with
    If you're using the Pathfinder ruleset and want to import NPCs from Hero Lab directly into NPC entries in Fantasy Grounds have a look at the Creature Parser here. Ignore the "alpha" status in the title (I can't change that) it's been running pretty well for a while. Post #9 mentions which minor changes to be made to the text statblock export from Hero Lab.

Error converting Pathfinder Character

Hi!

I ran into an error the other day while trying to complete a convert/campaign load for a 1st level Pathfinder hafling Monk character.

Here is the output:
    Conversion Start
    Game System: PFRPG
    Ruleset: 3.5E
    Source Format: Hero Lab (.hlfg)
    .Path: C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Hero Lab\portfolios\Shiafu.hlfg
    Import to Local Character List: false
    Import to Campaign: true
    Pathfinder Main Campaign.Path: C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\Pathfinder Main Campaign\db.xml
    Replace existing character: false
    .Module: 3.5E-basicrules.mod
    .Module: 3.5E-magicitems.mod
    .Module: 3.5E-spells.mod
    .Module: PF-SRD-Basic-Rules.mod
    .Module: PF-SRD-Spells.mod
    Could not convert Shifu: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Help?

Can you send me the character file? ([email protected])

Thanks,
    JPG

Hi there – I’m wondering if you can help me with a strange error I’m receiving when running this utility to import chars into FG from Herolabs.

I’m running 2.8.1.K of FG-Char-Converter against an Unlimited license of FG2 with all of the latest patches. I create two 3.5E characters in HL with latest patches (por files attached, joe is created from scratch and kord is a stock hero from herolabs). The hlfg file for Joe loads into the stock campaign (“A Tale of Dinor”) with no problem but kord doesn’t load. The utility shows this result:

Conversion Start
    Game System: 3.5E
    Ruleset: 3.5E
    Source Format: Hero Lab (.hlfg)
    .Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\_install\fg\Kord.hlfg
    Import to Local Character List: false
    Import to Campaign: true
    A Tale of Dinor.Path: C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\A Tale of Dinor\db.xml
    Replace existing character: false
    .Module: 3.5E-basicrules.mod
    .Module: 3.5E-magicitems.mod
    .Module: 3.5E-spells.mod
    .Module: PF-SRD-Basic-Rules.mod
    .Module: PF-SRD-Spells.mod
    Could not convert Kord: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex

Any help on sorting out what might be happening here is appreciated. Happy to debug as needed (I’m a skilled dev and learning Lua as we speak). Interestingly, other characters created from scratch, eg. for pathfinder, also fail to load with the same startindex error. I can provide these files too but I thought we could get sorted out on this conversion problem first (in case it’s helpful, the attached shifu por and hlfg file is one example of a pathfinder char that also won’t load with the same error).

All the files I mentioned are zipped into one attachment for your convenience.

thanks for your help!

Thread Information