DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Powerful flash-based map tool

Hi, Dungeon Painter is a powerful flash-based encounter map design tool.
    Here is a short feature list:

Layers and groups
    Tile categories & subcategories with preview
    Export to png and jpg
    Maps sharing through online gallery
    Export to multipage pdf for print
    Special black & white collection for print
    Square and hex grid
    Hotkeys

Screenshot, and small video

No downloads, installation or registration required

Blog Entries
    This looks like a very nice (and quick) tool for producing maps. I shall take a look good sir.

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT:I can't seem to get this to work in Safari or FireFox under Mac OSX. Chrome works though.
    Last edited by Zeus; June 27th, 2011 at 19:28.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Nice App

That is indeed one very cool app.

I like the fact that you can add your own images/tiles, although I had some difficulty rotating said imported images once they were in. It would be nice to be able to load up a library of images rather than having to load them individually for each map but hey it still rocks! Kudos to the developer.

I can see me using this quite extensively due to its speed and ease of use, here's a map I whipped up using the tool in literally 10 mins (including adding a wall texture in photoshop).

This kind of battlemap would be more than adequate for a single session's play for my groups (who average 3-4 encounters per session) leaving me more time to prep the other aspects of the game.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thank you, DrZeuss.
    I think l'll include imported images rotation option to the next version, in few days.

Wow - that looks really handy for quick, different battlemaps. Esp. for the outdoors encounters I often have that don't demand a specific map (such as a dungeon does) but rather just some terrain for people to move around.

Had one little spot of trouble with the "Ground, Floor & Roof" menu, which seemed to "lock" onto wooden flooring, and no matter what I changed the dropdown tool to (e.g. nature) it stayed the same, and I couldn't actually seem to draw any ground textures (although new Layers were appearing on the RHS as I clicked around).

Have attached a screen, in case it helps.

In any case, reloading the application fixed the issue for now, but thought I'd raise it up anyway.
    Last edited by phantomwhale; June 28th, 2011 at 00:15.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

So my posse are playing the adventure WRONG again (*tut*) and instead of staying in the nicely pre-mapped fort are heading out to take the enemy by surprise in their own camp (suicide, I cry ! But they are mostly legendary, so will probably pull it off truth be told).

Anyway, this means I need an enemy camp for next session. Just in case. They might turn around. So I don't want to spend 2 hours making one !

25 mins (much of which was learning the tool) and I've generated the following:

What an AWESOME tool ! Thanks Pyro ! Gonna get some good millege out of this one. Oh yeah, and being able to rotate user-added images (such as the handy ridge textures I added into mine) would be excellent.
    Last edited by phantomwhale; August 1st, 2012 at 05:34.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

This is really slick! Is there any way to control the pixel size of the squares on export? An undo hotkey would also be great, although the way everything is a separate layer makes it pretty easy to get rid of mistakes. How many layers can it support?

Word of advice: remember to save from time to time.

This is a super nice tool! very impressed, fast, and easy to use. Is there a way to increase the pixels so that i could zoom in at all without loosing the sharpness of the graphics ?

Just popped in to say Thanks pyro for the awesome tool!

Only problem for me is that my resolution is 1360x768 (I use a TV for a display) and this is quite unusable with the resolution. But this is my problem, not the program's I think I'm going to hook up my CRT display for this.
    Last edited by XpressO; June 28th, 2011 at 08:17.

Thread Information