DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 22 First ... 101819202122 Last
    I'd like to see more character creation and advancement functionality in FG. I've actually grown quite accustomed to using FG at the tabletop even just as a player when we are not using FG for any other function (some of my GMs don't have laptops to hook up to the monitor I have set up). Having it step through creation and then handling Advancements as I add XP would be really useful. I know that's a crazy extra level of functionality to put onto FG but I can dream.

Additionally, speaking of monitors on tabletops (and this is more of a general FG feature request rather than a SW specific one) I'd really love to see much better touch interface support in FG. Especially for a better way to handle "right-click" functions, such as allowing definition of a different input for a right-click action (not every OS directly supports the same method for defining a given gesture as a right-click) and, more importantly, allowing replacement of icons on the wheel menu of the hover text instead of the icon, or to define the hover text as always visible (since "hovering" on a touch screen isn't really possible).
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Minor Bug Report

Casting a spell directly from the Combat Tracker shows as if it were "Unskilled". It does use the right dice (not the Unskilled one), it should show the trait name (Spellcasting, Faith, etc.) instead of "Unskilled". It's a very minor bug, doesn't affect anything just shows the wrong information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Minor Bug Report

Casting a spell directly from the Combat Tracker shows as if it were "Unskilled". It does use the right dice (not the Unskilled one), it should show the trait name (Spellcasting, Faith, etc.) instead of "Unskilled". It's a very minor bug, doesn't affect anything just shows the wrong information.

This error appears here too.

I'd like the card deck better exposed for use. Using an extension when it is built-in bugs me. There are plenty of tables that are or could be card driven.

Thanks for the consideration

manual dice rolls for players

Ok I'm probably being greedy here but I watched Doug's tutorial the other day on the new 3.2 FG features. I am lusting after that elegant solution to the ongoing issue I know bugs a lot of the GMs out there that use FG live at the tabletop as a bells and whistles GM's aid and battlemap like we do.

I do still have the sw D0 extension written by the genius himself, Ikael but I can't help but feel disappointed that the new manual die roll features which appear oh so easy to use and I have been wanting for so long now appear to be d&d ruleset specific.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-as-beta/page6

Is it already planned to port this feature across to all rulesets or would it take much work to enable this method of manual die roll to work the same in SW and specifically Deadlands which I am just starting up again? Doug appears to be promoting it as a core feature now of FG which kind of rubs salt in to those that can't find it in their chosen rules system? Other posts would indicate this is proving to be a very popular feature and as I've said before, getting traditional table top gamers to use FG more readily would surely open up a bigger marketplace for the company not just make me a happy bunny!

Quick minor bug report found while reminding myself how the combat tracker works. I had already allocated bennies to the PCs from the character selection screen. The characters all displayed as having no bennies. When I clicked the add bennie button on the combat tracker, when I eventually added one of the correct colour as the PC's existing bennies, the missing ones reappeared so the data is obviously there just not autopopulating between the character sheet and the combat tracker. No biggie and easy enough to work around as long as I remember to only add bennies via the CT...

Here's a suggested improvement: add a button near the portrait to allow a player (or at least the GM) to share a larger image version of the portrait. (This probably would be merely a link to an image in the library.)

Why is this useful? When roleplaying, it's nice to introduce characters to one another, and portraits can be a big part of establishing character. You can only convey so much with the current tiny version of the thumbnail portrait. If portraits could link to a higher-res version (likely the original image that a portrait was made from), this problem is solved. (Yes, players would need to send GMs their high-res image files.)

I'll add this to Idea Informer to suggest it as a standard feature for all FG as soon as I can figure out how to suggest a new idea there.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Certain settings use skills other than "Spellcasting", "Faith", etc. to govern power usage. For example, this third-party one has separate skills for each school of magic, and certain edges even require Intimidation rolls to activate powers.

It would be nice to be able to manually assign skills to the powers, so that double-clicking the power would automatically roll the correct trait.

Let's bring official SavageWorlds ruleset Idea Informer back to live! Post your feature requests and issue reports there and I will take a look at them.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Do typos/changes between editions need an informer entry or can we just post them here?

Thread Information