DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 22 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Voted for
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Hi,

There are lots of comments here, on the dev blog and the wishlist about unifying the SW ruleset with the 4th ED ruleset.

I was wondering if that will include the ability edit and link entries and encounters. I was a little disappointed to watch Xorn's tutorial on creating modules and campaign management only to find out the Savage Worlds ruleset does not work like that.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by JRKilroy
    Hi,

There are lots of comments here, on the dev blog and the wishlist about unifying the SW ruleset with the 4th ED ruleset.

I was wondering if that will include the ability edit and link entries and encounters. I was a little disappointed to watch Xorn's tutorial on creating modules and campaign management only to find out the Savage Worlds ruleset does not work like that.

Thank you,
    The Savage Worlds is blessed (and cursed) with being I think the first non-d20/OGL official ruleset back in the days of FG1

Hence the fact all the cool stuff that gets added into 4e/3.5e has to be "forced" into Savage Worlds by PW. Thus it takes time but he gets there in the end

If you have not already go here and vote for it (it is already at #1 with 28 votes), it is the most anticipated addition to the ruleset.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Indeed, many of those comments about "unifying the core rulesets" are driven by me, as it takes quite a bit of effort to move the 4E features back into Savage Worlds ruleset, esp. as the two rulesets diverge from each other (not greatly, but they do).

One example of this was the combat tracker - it's VERY ruleset specific in places, and VERY generic in others, and cherry-picking out the "good stuff" to re-use was very challenging for 3.2. As part of this, I had to remove the ability to setup multiple combat trackers, and it was acknowledged at the time that this would lead to needing to set up encounters in advance another way - e.g. via an encounters tool.

So it's no wonder it's top of the wish list. Hopefully it will make v3.3 (which is mainly a compatibility release for FGII v2.9).

But given as over 50% of my development efforts goes into just adding in the stuff from 4E, having a common base that ALL rulesets can use, which can be improved, would be fantastic. It's also a lot of effort and technically quite epic, so it's not a simple problem to solve by any means. And very unsexy - telling your users you won't see any real updates for 6-12 months, but the end result will have a better architecture for new ruleset development might not make many people very happy. If it's a project that could be kickstarted, awesome, but again, the output isn't very tangible.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thank you for your responses. I think I am number 28 on poll.

The good news is that I spent a few hours figuring out how to work around my issues. My big concern is that this is the first time my group will a VTT, and several of my gamers aren't hardcore about their RPGs. If the technology gets in the way during play they may lose interest.

I look forward to the next update, and thank you for your time and effort!

Is it just me, or is there no "Guts" skill in the skill listing now? I just noticed it missing..

Blog Entries
    I noticed that too. A preview of the Deluxe Edition perhaps? hehe
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    I noticed that too. A preview of the Deluxe Edition perhaps? hehe
    Thing was, it used to be there.. I am almost sure of it..

*edit* Yeah, just checked, all the characters before the 3.2 have the skill, and its clickable (its got the little button you can press to bring up the description)

There has to be a way I can edit the xml to add it back to the list again?

*edit*
    Hah, I actually figured it out, and modified the mod files myself and got it working. My first shot at XML, thank god for copy and paste.
    Last edited by ShotGun Jolly; May 31st, 2012 at 23:57.

Wild die improvement

I found this issue on SW feature list: "Allow single skills to use different Wild Die" and personally I definitely need that one for myself so I made quickpatch for it, see the attachment. The attachment is _not_ an extension but contains one lua script file that should replace the original one (copy-paste its content to your ruleset's template_traitdie.lua). What it actually does is that if you hold down ALT button and drop a DICE into any traitfield it becomes the wild die for that given skill/attribute. If no wild die is dropped into traitfield then campaign defined wild die is used. I would approciate if someone could give some additional testing for it. I did my best but time is limited for this hobby.

EDIT: attachment removed. It can be found from own thread
    Last edited by Ikael; June 3rd, 2012 at 15:50.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Woot!

I'll see if I can make this an extension (with a theme) and finally start converting TAG Daring Tales of the Sprawl!

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information