STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 22 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Cannot drag-and-drop library module weapons to NPC sheet?

Today when I was prepping up NPCs I noticed that I cannot drag-and-drop weapons from library module like I can for PCs. Boom! For honey-*** person like me, I want that sugar to cut down prep time (especially now that it's possible in SW3.2). I made small adjustment to NPC's weaponlist by implementing onDrop handling, and wrapped it to extension. Personally I think this is something that should belong to core SW ruleset features, no?

Changes are very minor and can be tracked from extension xml by looking for commonts with EDIT keyword.
    Last edited by Ikael; March 5th, 2013 at 06:22.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael
    Today when I was prepping up NPCs I noticed that I cannot drag-and-drop weapons from library module like I can for PCs. Boom! For honey-*** person like me, I want that sugar to cut down prep time (especially now that it's possible in SW3.2). I made small adjustment to NPC's weaponlist by implementing onDrop handling, and wrapped it to extension. Personally I think this is something that should belong to core SW ruleset features, no?

Changes are very minor and can be tracked from extension xml by looking for commonts with EDIT keyword.
    This feature is already in for Savage Worlds 3.3 - and in fact I actually made an extension for doing just that a few weeks ago ! It's pretty much the same code as you've done - but hey, great minds think alike

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...1&postcount=12

If people are looking to add this feature in, I'd go with my extension (via the link above). Not just to satisfy my monstrous code ego, but also because it copies the entire weapon detail into the NPC, meaning if you then drag and drop that weapon onwards to another NPC or PC it will copy in all the meta-data (cost / weight etc...). Also, it's going to be exactly the same code in v3.3, so it should continue to work beyond that.

Note that neither extension will work with Deadlands or any other extension that overrides the NPC window - for that you'll have to wait for 3.3 (or create an extension extension - yikes).
    Last edited by phantomwhale; April 23rd, 2012 at 13:22.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Hiya
    Every time I load up a campaign, it shares all of the Personalities with the players, I then have to deselect them all. Just tested it and it did it again. Is there a setting I have accidentally enabled for this to happen ?
    cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by zackspacks
    Hiya
    Every time I load up a campaign, it shares all of the Personalities with the players, I then have to deselect them all. Just tested it and it did it again. Is there a setting I have accidentally enabled for this to happen ?
    cheers
    Paul
    Was 10 mins into writing you an extension to fix it (how awesome am I ! Ahem...) when I realised the command to fix it was ALREADY in the ruleset. Gosh.

if you type "/flushdb" in the chat manager, this should flush all client database access. Which means you'll need to reshare anything that legitimately needs to be shared, but it should remove the sharing you have on the main personalities node.

This was a hangover from 3.1, which used to share the entire personalities node (not that the players knew this), in case any PCs had allies in that list. It also had a massive database transfer overhead (whoops) and obviously doesn't work with 3.2, which gives players there own Personalities tool so can see the links to all these npcs that they had access to all along !

This should be a one-time fix (e.g. once done on a campaign, it shouldn't need to be run again). Let me know if it doesn't work, and I'll get back onto that custom extension
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Cheers mate, that worked. To clarify though, I entered the command and nothing seemed to happen, they were all still in shared status. I then shut FG down, reloaded the campaign back up, and voila, it works !
    Many thanks ( yet again, yes you are teh awesome :P )
    Paul

Hi again
    Having just ran another session of my campaign, a couple of other things that would have been useful ( IMHO ) around GM bennies
    1) Being able to share my Benn box with the players as 'view only' of course ?
    2) Having Bennies for the enemy Wild Cards in their Combat Tracker line ?
    Any views, before I add this to the suggestions list ?
    cheers
    Paul

Both good ideas - chuck them on the wish list (mainly so I don't forget them - but also to let others vote on them)

Not quite as deepest, darkest Wales as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by zackspacks
    Hi again
    Having just ran another session of my campaign, a couple of other things that would have been useful ( IMHO ) around GM bennies
    1) Being able to share my Benn box with the players as 'view only' of course ?
    2) Having Bennies for the enemy Wild Cards in their Combat Tracker line ?
    Any views, before I add this to the suggestions list ?
    cheers
    Paul
    Both very useful suggestions, not sure how viable the Wild Card bennies with Luck/Great Luck would work. You have to have both edges on a PC sheet to get Great Luck to work properly as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by scionofnyarlathotep
    Both very useful suggestions, not sure how viable the Wild Card bennies with Luck/Great Luck would work. You have to have both edges on a PC sheet to get Great Luck to work properly as it is.
    That's because Luck adds one benny, and Great Luck adds another benny ! I could change the algorithm to just award two bennies for Great Luck (and ignore Luck, if present) if this is catching people out...

Not sure the system needs to "know" about Luck / Great Luck for NPCs. It only uses them for the "auto deal" bennies option on players - you can still just manually adjust bennies accordingly, Equally for wild card NPCs, you can easily just add one extra benny onto them when your allocating them.

Maybe this is a small extra item of "auto-award NPC wild cards bennies when added to the tracker" here ? I've always been slightly aware that NPCs only have bennies on the combat tracker (what if they survive for another fight later in the session ?) rather than actually owning the bennies themselves, so I hadn't gone down this route.

Okay, Bennies suggestion added here:

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=48568

cheers
    Paul

Thread Information