FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Help with DLR

Help with DLR

So I got the Deadlands Reloaded Complete, for some reason I feel like I am missing a bunch of the Archetypes, Is this all of them or do I need to go and Buy some other stuff to have them all and if So which ones Do I need to get, I am new to DLR, so forgive me if this questions seems silly!

Archtypes.png

To my knowledge DLR doesn't have any archetypes you can drag and drop, archetypes in DLR were just text descriptions of possible characters
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    What @Doswelk said. The "problem" with some Savage Worlds products is they use the term "archetype" but it means different things in different products. In many (especially older, like Deadlands) products "archetypes" were just lists of character concepts; essentially what you get in the beginning of the Makin' Heroes chapter of the DLR Players Guide. New products use the term "archetype" to mean a partially/mostly finished template for a character or NPC, and that's what the ruleset supports in the Archetypes window.

Pinnacle did produce the Heroes o' Gloom Archetypes PDF which is pregenerated characters but I don't think that has been converted for Fantasy Grounds usage.

Thank you guys! I felt like something was off and it was my understanding of it I'm new to dlr and want to get into it so I'm learning as I go !

Grim Prairie Tales is probably my favorite resource for DLR - it is good for tossing out a couple of smaller adventures while everyone finds their giddyup. I probably played out 1/3 of the tales in it.

My guys have been in THE FLOOD for like a year now and we're slowly wrapping up that campaign. There is a ton of material in between the covers and sometimes a few paragraphs leads to several hours of misadventure. I bought the hard cover too and have been glad to have it. All of them have been on death's door a couple of times - and one player had his ticket punched.

Anyhow, hope you have a good time with it.

That sounds awesome !

Thread Information