FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... Last

Requesting new features for the Savage Worlds ruleset

Got an idea for a new feature ? Or found a bug that needs fixing ? Then please read on and follow these steps :

For a feature request:
    * is this something that is probably best discussed first ? If so, then please start a new forum post, and get some discussion going around potential solutions.

For a bug fix:
    * is this something you can recreate perfectly ? If not, then please start a new forum post. Write down as much as you know, especially around which buttons / controls you pressed to create the issue (there are sometimes multiple ways of doing the same action in FGII / SW). Then myself or other users can help check if this is a bug, and offer temporary workarounds.

BUT....

If you have a fully-baked idea, or a re-creatable bug report, then it's time to submit it to...

The Savage Worlds ruleset wishlist --> https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/

Here you can "Suggest an idea" for a new feature, and "Report a problem" for a bug. Write a short, descriptive title, then please add as much detail as you can in the description. Include a link to the FGII forum thread too, if you have one.

ALSO...

Once submitted, ideas and bug reports are available for ALL users to vote on - now is your chance to promote the bug-fixes / features you want to see in future versions ! Feel free to vote and comment on all the issues.

As the developer, I can mark items as :
    • "Scheduled" when I've got an item targeted for the next release,
    • "In Progress" when I'm actually working on it,
    • "Completed" once it's coded, and
    • "Rejected", if for any reason it will not be implemented.

I am working with the team at idea.informer to try and get a regular dump of the data out the system, so that I can automatically create a wishlist to post on the forums too, but for now, please use this as the active wishlist for future Savage Worlds FGII development.

FUTHERMORE...

You can track current development release notes and progress on features on the new SW4FG2 micro-blog --> https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/

Click through to see screengrabs of the latest coded features and fixed bugs going into the next Savage Worlds ruleset version.

Thanks,
    -PW-

(moderators - please sticky !)
    Last edited by phantomwhale; October 10th, 2011 at 13:47. Reason: bump!

SW mods - Can we sticky this, please ?

Make sure you visit https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/ if you want to influence subsequent versions of the Savage Worlds ruleset. Even if you have no new ideas or issues if your own you can vote on what *you* would like to see next!

Previously: MurghBpurn

Just curious, why did you pick this tracker?

Also, stickied.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Just curious, why did you pick this tracker?

Also, stickied.

JPG
    I wanted something :
    • Free
    • That I can moderate (remove spam / combine duplicate requests)
    • The allows voting
    • That allows "ideas" and "bugs" to be marked separately
    • That allows progress feedback ("scheduled", "in progress", "completed") to the users
    • That wasn't too ugly to use
    • That allows bulk exports of the data

After some testing, this was the only one I found that met almost all the criteria (it doesn't allow bulk exports - although they have a "beta API", but no-one has been in touch with me about how I can use it).

Removing the "Free" criteria, I'd probably have gone with the cheapest paid option of GetSatisfaction or UserVoice.

I previously had trouble finding the right keywords to find similar solutions, but your post pointed me in the right direction. A couple others I found were UserEcho and IdeaScale.

I've been seriously considering doing something similar for FG client, 3.5E ruleset and 4E ruleset. However, I hadn't found any decent online tools yet.

Thanks for the info.

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; May 14th, 2011 at 23:31.

Hey there!

Had a couple of strange new issues develop with FG:SW and just wanted to give a heads up (and hope for a fix!). For some reason, neither I nor my players can copy and paste anything into FG at all. We can cut or copy FROM FG into say notepad, but can't copy/cut from notepad into FG or from a note section in FG to the text/speech box area in FG.

Also, my players can no longer see the cards in the combat tracker that I share with them (they used to be able to see them).

Thanks!

Have you updated anything in your configuration lately? (I.e. Savage Worlds ruleset or FG version (especially if using test version v2.8))

Thanks,
    JPG

I haven't manually changed anything, although I am using 2.8. Should we roll back?

On 2.8 w/ SW rules/3.5E/4E:
    I can successfully paste into the text area of a story entry, but not character sheet, chat entry or a note and so on.

Thread Information