FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Is there a reason why my module thumbnail appear in my "Module activation" but not in "Library" ?

Btw Demonsbane, it was a error syntax in your Small List Spell =P FG was working fine with your version because there was a <p></p> pasted beside the <P></P> so it didn't mind. But when I spaced the secound <p>, the first <P> did "I don't know seriously" and the library module didn't load after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roncorps
    Is there a reason why my module thumbnail appear in my "Module activation" but not in "Library" ?
    I stumbled with that issue, too. The solution is:

The content of the <name> tag in the definition.xml file, for instance,

<name>Small Spell List</name>
    must match exactly with the name contained in the common.xml file:

<name type="string">Small Spell List</name>
    Otherwise, the thumbnail doesn't appear in the Library window.

Btw Demonsbane, it was a error syntax in your Small List Spell =P FG was working fine with your version because there was a <p></p> pasted beside the <P></P> so it didn't mind. (. . .)
    That is true. I just fixed it in the downloadable file. Thank you for telling it to me.

(. . .) But when I spaced the secound <p>, the first <P> did "I don't know seriously" and the library module didn't load after that.
    It's possible to avoid entirely some errors by means of automatic XML checking: in most if not all editors, like XML Copy Editor, a sample key warns the user of this sort of errors.

In this case it's the F2 key:

Then, you can detect and fix errors without needing to load the module in Fantasy Grounds 2 for checking if it works or not.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Notepad++ with the XML and LUA extensions does quite well as an XML/LUA editor as well.

Regards,
    JPG

What I know is that many coders around here use it. At the time I installed Notepad++ along with a number of plugins but, since it was giving me some errors I decided to try again later.

I've seen an interesting stickied thread about that application in this very forum: Getting the Most Out of Notepad++
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Blog Entries
    Yep NPP gets my vote. Small, lightweight and tons of extensibility makes it pretty good for FGII XML and LUA work.

I tend to find NPP handles syntax handling rather well with customisable colouring of recognised keywords and code folding.

SpudmanWP discovered and shared his use of FunctionList, a plugin that builds a reference index of all LUA function statements in a file and a way of using the SpellCheck capabilities of an NPP plugin to recognise FGII LUA keywords.

I also added a custom FGII LUA lexer plugin that folds FGII LUA and allows you to customise the coloring of FGII LUA API functions, variables and keywords. Its already primed out of the box to support API v2.7.4.

Note to self: add support for the changes JPG has made for 2.7.5 and 2.7.6.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Does NPP have something like the "Tree Selection Browser" in XML Marker ? Screenshoot to show what I'm talking :

I find it very intuitive and you can change/retype what you want in the selected case of the browser and it will change it in the xml code too.
    Last edited by Roncorps; May 18th, 2011 at 19:24.

Sort of, there is a strip on the left side of the document where you can collapse/expand the XML tags using your mouse, along with key shortcuts to expand/collapse various levels.

I find it very useful for jumping to specific areas of an XML file.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

SpudmanWP discovered and shared his use of FunctionList, a plugin that builds a reference index of all LUA function statements in a file and a way of using the SpellCheck capabilities of an NPP plugin to recognise FGII LUA keywords.

I also added a custom FGII LUA lexer plugin that folds FGII LUA and allows you to customise the coloring of FGII LUA API functions, variables and keywords. Its already primed out of the box to support API v2.7.4.

Note to self: add support for the changes JPG has made for 2.7.5 and 2.7.6.
    Anymore info on this? I'm an amatuer NPP user and was looking for someway to spellcheck my content. Sound like this might be it, but I'm not sure given the description (since it assumes I know more than I do), or how to implement it if it does what I need.

Thanks!

Thread Information