5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Luzzi
    Hey Primarch, savage

I followed all the procedures on clients routers, and it all worked out just fine, no disconnection during a 4:00 hours game session! Nice! It´s being so much better to play FG2 without disconnecting!

Thanks for your help!
    Hi!

Glad to hear it!

Peter

Guys,

I have a player using MAC in our game now. He is experiencing the random disconnecting problem. It seems he is having a hard time to figure it out in his Macintosh, as he is new to the operating system as well. Do you guys know how to set this stuff up in MAC? Thanks in advance!

Carlos,

There are several threads on the forums where various community members have used Wine and Crossover to install Fantasy Grounds on Macs.

Usually, networking issues are caused by settings in the router or operating system. The router is usually the first place to check, and this thread covers several items to check on your router to make sure that router settings are not interfering.

Regards,
    JPG

I see. I know all the procedures in this thread; I have done it successfully on windows. He is using crossroads already. As you said it seems to be quite simple to set up the router, the issue here is doing it on MAC OS. We’ll see what we do.

Blog Entries
    @Carlos Luzzi: The number one reasons my group identified for MAC FGII client drop outs, was to do with Apple's AirPort not working very well with non-Apple routers and the program Little Snitch.

Is your player connecting using a wireless connection? If so, ask him to try and connect using a wired connection and see if that makes a difference. If it does get him to check the Airport WiFi settings on his mac and make sure he checks to ensure there are no known issues with the particular router he is using (Google is your best friend here).

The other thing to check, is Little Snitch running? If it is, check the rules and make sure FGII is allowed full access and not restricted in any way.

I have 3 players who are using macs in my games and I use one to host my games, once everything is setup correctly, it generally works flawlessly.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information