STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: Attn: GM's

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard
    The only system (with a FGII Ruleset available) I am familiar enough with to GM is Rolemaster, which is not something newbies would probably be willing jump into for a such a short intro type game.

I would certainly be willing to work something up though and see what interest there may be.
    I think you guys under estimate the level of gamer that comes here. Many of the "older" gamers, who cannot find the game they desire, can only find D&D in it's many variations, come here, and then... there aren't a lot of games. I sign up for games, and they never start. It's annoying, and if I weren't so stubborn, I'd have run off.
    If you are running Demo's, it would also be a very good idea to have pregens available.
    Aerine of Safe Haven

Blog Entries
    @aerine - i have a demo/one-shot game of Castles & Crusades (based on earlier versions of D&D) that im running on Saturday (early morning for you) that you are welcome to join. it will be my first game so it may not be all smooth sailing
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=14546
    I have 6 pregens available...

Can I get there an hour late?? *grin* It's 7 am!
    Aerine of Safe Haven

Blog Entries
    hmm lazy sod! it would be much better if you arrived with the others... im in Aus so its 10pm for me and thats probably as late as i want it to start...
    you could join in to watch but as i will also be learning it would be better if you joined in...

I get up at 5:30am to GM my regular game... Australia time-zone + international internet gaming makes for some unsocial hours gaming

Ha, my players are Brits (like I used to be, geographically speaking) - 9 hour difference in summer-time is squeezing our UK evening / Aussie morning game tight, the 11 hour winter-time difference was a little more lenient !

why are all the alternative GMs overseas? *smile* I don't work during the days, and have been looking for a game to start 8 am (-6 GMT) or there about during the week. But saturday is like the one day I get to sleep in!
    Aerine of Safe Haven

Blog Entries
    i understand completely - i only get one sleep in a week and i treasure it - and im strongly resisting any suggestion that i dm a game that morning which would be your evening.... you can join in as a spectator when you do wake i just dont know how much value it will be as i will be learning myself.

Fly on the Wall

There is the ability to let a new player be exposed to a game by creating them an NPC to log in as, then just watch everything as the real game plays out. I have done this three times now and each player has stayed to play. It works.

Thread Information