FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Decipher CODA Lord of the Rings ruleset

Hi, everyone:

I'm working on a ruleset for Decipher's defunct Lord of the Rings system (CODA). I'm incorporating some houserules from this site as well (although the smart thing would be to make these houserules into an extension). I'm doing this as a way to familiarize myself with ruleset creation. Happily, CODA is similar enough to d20 to make the project a bit easier.

Anyway, here are some screenshots. Once it's done, I'll see about putting it up on the wiki.

Very neat! I'm not familiar with the game system, but the character sheet looks very accessible and makes me interested to find out more

Stuart

Wonderful my precious...eh eh
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Being an old-time MERP guy I always found this system interesting but lacking... however, your work look great!

Veldehar

Quote Originally Posted by Veldehar
    Being an old-time MERP guy I always found this system interesting but lacking... however, your work look great!

Veldehar
    Thanks!

Yeah, the Decipher system is a diamond in the rough. The Heren Turambarion's Compendium goes a long way to fixing it. The Decipher game as written suffered from terrible organization and a notable lack of play-testing. But, if you dig into it a little, it's a nice little system tailored to Tolkien-esque roleplaying.

I love me some MERP, too. The supplements are some of the best in the industry, IMO.

I always found LotR CODA as what one person put it, "What 3rd Edition should have been." Of course, didn't play it a lot. Sure, it had it's flaws (baddies were tough to take down), but it had a gritty realism to it.

Besides, Steve Long wrote it. How can you go wrong there?

neat-o

hope you release it soonish - can't wait for it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier
    neat-o

hope you release it soonish - can't wait for it ;-)
    I put it aside briefly, but since there's interested, I can get a drafty version out pretty soon. Stay tuned!

Hello, was there any final version of this ruleset which could be used? I am fairly new to FGII so I am not sure if I have looked on all relevant places for a download/package

Regards,

Bryon

Thread Information