DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I have run a campaign in Middle-earth using ICE's MERP material for a couple of years using the RMC ruleset in face-to-face game sessions quite happily. True, it is not the trimmed down set of tables/spells/rules that the MERP system uses BUT it does make running a Rolemaster game much easier.

Frankly, though combat resolution is still slower than 3.5 ... the difference in speed is more than made up for by the stuff that perhaps most of us enjoy about a somewhat "grittier" and more detailed system. The RMC allows all sorts of automation and, critically (pun not intended), automated table-look up; try dragging a dice roll onto a combat table ... do the same for the critical ... then drag the description to the chat box.

Tolkien Enterprises vs. Tolkien Family

Quote Originally Posted by RKBrumbelow View Post
    As for the 2 Merp items you are missing PM me your email addy and I will send you copies of those. Those licenses will never be renewed (Damn you Christopher Tolkien and your greed and screwing over ICE).
    Actually, FWIK, Christopher Tolkien is NOT the party responsible for screwing over ICE - it was TOLKIEN ENTERPRISES. TE is a corporate entity separate and apart from the Tolkien family, and they are the license holders for things like games and movies. The family only gets royalties from TE if a licensed product or work follows the literary works EXACTLY. Given the departures from the literary works in the films and games, I would wager TE is actually screwing the Tolkien family.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopOmega View Post
    Eek! I am not familiar with BRP, I do not know what that is.
    I second the suggestion of converting to BRP. You should check it out. Basic Roleplaying.

Actually back in the days. There was a Swedish translation of MERP called Sagan om Ringen. All the translated modules that came out to the Swedish SRR/MERP was dual statted with stats for the Swedish game Drakar och Demoner. Drakar och Demoner is basically a translation of the BRP system and in my opinion BRP is still one of the best systems around despite it's age.
    Current Game: Post-Tyranny of Dragons Campaign (5E)
    Previous Games: Rise of Tiamat (5E), Heroes of the North/Princes of the Apocalypse (5E), GURPS Old West/Horror, Hoard of the Dragon Queen (5E), Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance (FFG)
    Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/chorpa
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/Erik Sharma

BRP better known as "Basic Role Playing System" is a simple D100 based system with a bit less tables. My answer was somewhat tongue in cheek.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thread Information