5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Good 'nuff, Zeuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron
    Moon/dd, can we get this thread stickied?
    Just had to re-enable this - awesome guide from Bidmaron made it a piece of cake.

So +1 to the above. Actually, +2 (I get two votes by now, surely ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron
    Below are the composite instructions to get Dr Zeuss' fantastic FGIILua lexer working along with the almost-as-great FunctionList capability, along with the compressed menu fix:

1. Quit NPP if running.
    2. Download Dr Zeuss' FGIILua Lexer from here.
    This link doesn't work, I'm afraid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    This link doesn't work, I'm afraid.
    You can grab the Lexer from my new site here.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thank you. It appears BidMaron's old instructions no longer work, however. At least with the Foundation Core lua scripts I'm experimenting with. Ah well.

Does this still work? Last responses from almost a year ago did not sound promising 8).

BTW, Zeus, you'd extend an XML lexer to special handle <script> tags, and lex the bits inside the tag with your FGIILua lexer. Depending on how you built your FGIILua lexer it should be easy to embed it. I haven't done any Scintilla work since 2004, but iir there are even examples of doing using "sublexers" and open source xml lexer source for Scintilla would should be convertible with minimal effort for NP++ (I haven't ever built plugins for NPP myself, all the work I did with Scintilla I wrappered the Scintilla control directly in my own apps). If you can't find an xml parser, you could also build one using Bison, as there's a bison wrapper for Scintilla as well, iir.
    --Shin

It still works for me - haven't set it up since my last post (above), but everything still highlights just fine
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

I just tried to do this and while the keywords are dark blue the function list stays empty. Says: Function List - No Rule Defined

Help anyone?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.
    Read me: https://chaosmeister.games/

Blog Entries
    I was looking to set this up myself. Is it still applicable? Currently I'm using DSpellCheck in NPP for my spell checking, but have yet to see how it works with LUA and FG syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaTarget View Post
    I just tried to do this and while the keywords are dark blue the function list stays empty. Says: Function List - No Rule Defined

Help anyone?
    Edit: after experiencing this problem myself, I fixed it by following Dr. Zeuss' instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post103134

In a nutshell, the configuration needed to take place in my C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\Con fig folder rather than on the different data drive where I have NPP installed.

Mind you, to be able to see this folder you need to follow this part of Bidmaron's instructions on this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post103146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    10. Also from the download\config folder, copy "FunctionListRules.xml" into the application data folder (something like c:\users\NAME\appdata\roaming\Notepad ++) (and, by the way, Microsuck, in its I-know-better-than-you way has conveniently hidden this folder they want you to use for your application data instead of the Program Files which they don't want you to use but which isn't hidden, and you may have to go into your windows folder view menu and turn on display of hidden folders -- or, you can just go to your start menu to Fantasy Grounds II, find the application folder option, which will open up FG2's application data and then navigate back up the tree to the Notepad ++ folder).
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; June 1st, 2016 at 07:52. Reason: Solved the problem

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thread Information