Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

I bought Fantasy Grounds with the express intent of working on rulesets. At the moment, I'm working on my first project, which is updating an old community ruleset. I suppose I could use it (when complete) as a portfolio of sorts to apply for this? Who should I contact when the time comes?

Blog Entries
    You can shoot a note to [email protected] and it will get read by John (aka Moon_Wizard) and me.

Blog Entries
    welcome Giomancer - make sure you build a layered ruleset on top of CoreRPG for maximum effect and fastest build time
    look at the 3.5e/4e/Numenera rulesets that ship with your client for examples - and of course look at CoreRPG itself

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    welcome Giomancer - make sure you build a layered ruleset on top of CoreRPG for maximum effect and fastest build time
    look at the 3.5e/4e/Numenera rulesets that ship with your client for examples - and of course look at CoreRPG itself
    That is something I wonder though. There is a strong possibility that building on top of CoreRPG could break the ability to use modules and campaigns built on the original version. Would that disqualify their eligibility for this?
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Blog Entries
    you dont HAVE to build on CoreRPG but there are a lot of features already in the CoreRPG ruleset that make building a new ruleset easier and possibly give you a better final outcome.
    The big downside (imo) to building on CoreRPG is that there is a need to constantly maintain the ruleset as CoreRPG continues to evolve.

Do we know what extensions are compatible with the latest FG update? I do know that the 14 point font and Black image mask is not.

Thank you
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Staying up to date with CoreRPG is a little bit of a bind - but I see it as I HAVE to do 10% of the work, often at times that DON'T suit, but then I get the other 90% of awesome feature for free afterwards.

Also, with a little more time investment (yeah, which I totally have...) you can start retiring bits of snowflake code that have been done more elegantly, or using the latest new elements from the FG platform, via CoreRPG.

It's certainly not an de facto choice, but if I were creating a ruleset today, I wouldn't consider going off CoreRPG; it's got so much stuff built into it that you really don't want to recreate (and debug / maintain) yourself.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Do we know what extensions are compatible with the latest FG update? I do know that the 14 point font and Black image mask is not.

Thank you
    The extension lists (such as for CoreRPG and 5E) identify those that are. But you will otherwise need to check each extension's thread to see if it is.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I just tested BigFonts and Black Image Mask and didnt see any new issues... they both have existing issues - Big Fonts can bleed over into other fields, rows and creating a new image with Black Image Mask you cant draw on it.

Thread Information