DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Dragon Age RPG

Heh. Maybe so.

So, to dig deeper, the 4E Parser basically reads a text file with appropriate tags.

Are those tags specific for 4e or can they be changed ? I was under the impression that library tags or any xml can have its own unique tags.

I only ask because if you are not scraping data, it's way more friendly to work with copied/pasted text than xml directly.

About ruleset creation - Agreed, definitely not for the timid and an over abundance of tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    Hmm we may be talking past each other. I was talking about making library modules and the limitations of trying to use the 4E parser to generate such a module.

I don't think there is any doubt that ruleset creation takes much more time and effort than making a library module. Like Doswelk, I've made my fair share of them and there is nothing hard about it - it's just tedious - and if you do it all by hand fairly time consuming.

Let us know how that goes. Even with one entry for each type of library entry would be a great test (weapons, equipment, spells, lore) to see if it's easier.

I tried using it before and didn't have any luck with it. Ended up doing it directly in FG BEFORE they updated the text handling code. Good exercise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    You might try DrZuess' tool for module creation then run the parser over it. I've considered trying that myself but haven't found the time. If you are putting a hundred page PDF into an FG module, speeding up the text input might be very worth while. Making the links and organizing the data are nothing compared to the grind of copy/paste of that much text.

*BUMP*

The official playtest for Box Set 2 of the ruleset has been posted at Green Ronin.

Dragon Age - Box Set 2 (with bookmarks)

While not a complete document, as admitted by the site admins, it contains a TON of new content, extra rules, spells, etc.

Also of interest is a compiled Bestiary; a user generated creation which looks to be pretty decent. They have 2 books out and, since posting Book 2, they are going back and updating the first book.

Dragon Age - Esoterica from Thedas Volume 2: Bestiary

Has there been any more progress on this ruleset? There has been a revival of late and my group wants to play some DA and though I can do it with MoreCore... It would be nice to have some additional automation.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ctmega this is a 7 year dead thread!
    And so, I sadly relinquish my Necro of the Year trophy to @Ctmega…

I gladly accept the mantle as the Necro of the Year!

If by some miracle it leads to a working ruleset for DA it will have been worth it!

Blog Entries
    I do wish someone would make an official AGE ruleset... Green Ronin is licensed and eagerly awaiting one, and they've got three different games that I'm aware of so far. Dragon Age, AGE Fantasy and now Blue Rose.

Agreed... I have been after an AGE ruleset since I first came over to FG from R20... If I were not so inept with programming (Or had time) I would do it myself but for now I am just working around it with CoreRPG and a few extensions but I miss the automation of the other rulesets.

Blog Entries
    Dragon Age will never happen.

What extensions do you use currently?
    Have you tried using MoreCore - it doesnt have any additional functionality for AGE (that I can think of) other than the red dice but it does allow you to save rolls and roll descriptions and use targeting (without resolution). Im happy to look at what other things could be added to MoreCore to support these games.

Thread Information