5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: Dragon Age RPG

Dragon Age RPG

Hello all, I was just curious if anyone has a Dragon Age RPG ruleset that they have been using. I want to play using fantasy grounds, but the rules are different enough that I find it hard using the main character sheet. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm working on one but it's slow going since I am having to learn Lua and the Ruleset code. Since I am using D20 as a base, a lot of the functionality exists to run a Dragon Age game; you just need to modify it to accommodate DA's handling of the rules (like using d6, etc.).

I was able to get a simple character sheet made. I know it can be better, but I am just learning. You can see a picture of the character sheet here:

https://bearmeadows.com/?p=195

If anyone wants it, or is interested in helping me make it better, I'd be happy to send it to you or post it here. Just let me know.

Nice. It's looking pretty advanced. I'm still working on mine and incorporating some automation for calculating bonuses. Does your mini sheet work as well or does it bug out?

Looking good there
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by thefallen
    I was able to get a simple character sheet made. I know it can be better, but I am just learning. You can see a picture of the character sheet here:

https://bearmeadows.com/?p=195

If anyone wants it, or is interested in helping me make it better, I'd be happy to send it to you or post it here. Just let me know.
    Nice post. Might want to point out that a lot of the work in using FG2 is around building the interface. If you are using official modules or rulesets, its MUCH easier to get started.

Hey guys, thanks for all the feed back!

@Stitched: No, my mini sheet does not work yet unfortunately.

@drahkar: Thank you, and great point. I did start out with one of the rulesets and modified it. It was much easier than trying to start from scratch.

What I would really like is to make the weapons portion similar to the way it is in one of the offocial rulesets. Drag the weapon over, it puts in all the stats, then you can just click it to role. That would be sweet, but I haven't even attempting any of the scripting yet. Right now, I am working on getting the rulebook working in the library.

Mine neither. :P Buuuuut...I have all my drag and double-click dice-rolling working, as well as updating stats based on Race, Armour, etc. so far.

I think your approach makes way more sense. Place all your elements FIRST then work out how to get the mechanics / automation working. Setting up the elements is SUPER tedious and time consuming.

@Stitched: Yes, I just wanted to get something basic out so that we could use it for the game I was running. I only had a couple days and didn't think I could get anything more fancy together. I will probably work this weekend on getting the weapons and rolls. If you don't mind sharing what you have, I'd love to see your character sheet.
    Last edited by thefallen; September 3rd, 2010 at 19:02.

Not much to show. Yours is far more advanced, in layout, than mine. I am trying to do something closer to the Dragon Age NPC stat blocks since I will be using roughly the same format for both; although the PC one will be using the tabs for powers, talents, spells, equipment, etc. Luckily, I had some time today to work on it some more.

I finally got the adding weapons thing to work after fighting it all morning.

Obviously, still need to work out formatting and placement of elements but it's the cosmetic things that take time to sort out. For the most part, the sheet can be used as is to track stats and rolls but if I wanted to add automation, etc. it's obviously going to be a lot of work.

What is working:

* Able to enter in Ability Stats, Focuses, Combat Stats, and Weapons
    * Dice rolls from Ability scores (rolls 3d6, applies modifier, displays proper text in Chat window)
    * Race determines starting speed stat automatically (Elf = 12, Dwarf = 8, Human = 10)
    * Speed stat modified by Dexterity automatically. Have hooks in place for armor modifier.
    * Defense stat modified by Dexterity automatically. Have hooks in place for armor/shield modifier.
    * Weapon attacks can be rolls (3d6) and can apply "Focus" bonus (+2).
    * Weapon damage can be added dragging d6's into Damage Dice box. Damage Modifier can be set.
    * By keeping most of the internal names of D20_JPG, most stats appear properly in Combat Tracker (AC, HP, Wounds, Init).

Wishlist (aka Need to do still):

* Dragon Dice check (roll doubles, check for success, reward whatever value the third dice is as "Stunt points" in combat OR level of success on checks).
    * Adding Strength / Dexterity to attack rolls based on weapon
    * Adding Ability damage bonus to Damage Dice rolls
    * Adding handling for non-weapon proficiency attack and damage penalties (-2 to attack / half damage rounded down)
    * Combat handling (targeting and pulling the right stat to roll dice against)
    * Adding auto adjustment to Speed based on armor worn
    * Adding damage reduction based on armor worn
    * Shield bonus to Defense (AC)

Would be nice to have:

* Dragon Age friendly source book entries
    * Drag and drop equipment lists
    * Drag and drop weapon / armor handling
    * Drag and drop Spell entries

...and probably a ton more I am not remembering right now.
    Last edited by Stitched; September 4th, 2010 at 16:47.

Thread Information