STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Deva Racial

So this effect isn't working correctly. Apparently you cannot type the TRGT part in yourself the game has to do it by using targeting.

So can someone explain for me how to make a single mob get -1 to hit three characters without applying any effects to the characters?

/function
    Last edited by Function; August 18th, 2010 at 21:20.

Sorry for bumping. Based on what you said about the ranger/beast effect;
    So for the Deva racial assuming multiple Deva(s) in the party I could drop the following?

Deva1; ATK: -1

and a second effect that says

Deva2; ATK: -1

And they will both work? Or is there a way to drop it as a multiple target effect? Ideally this would be droppable straight from the sheet and not require any targeting physically.

Thanks,
    /function

Yes, you could use the same strategy.

* Create an effect labeled "Deva X; ATK: -1" with expiration of Enc
    * Make sure the creature is targeted
    * Hold SHIFT key
    * Drag the effect onto yourself

OR

* Create an effect labeled "Deva X; DEF: 1" with expiration of Enc
    * Make sure you are targeted (or hold ALT key for self-targeting override)
    * Hold SHIFT key
    * Drag effect onto the enemy

Sorry I didn't think of that earlier.

Cheers,
    JPG

Could I:

* Create an effect labeled "Deva X,Deva Y,Deva Z; ATK: -1" with expiration of Enc
    * Make sure the creature is targeted
    * Hold SHIFT key
    * Drag the effect onto yourself

Also, does this put an effect on the monster or the player? I want to make sure that I do not get the effect already exists issue.

/function

When using the SHIFT third party targeting option, the effect always goes on the creatures targeted by the originator, and the effect "target" is the creature that you drop it on.

Currently, there is no way to multi-target the effect targets. In fact, I'm not even sure how that interface would look or work at this point. I have some ideas, but they will take a lot of work.

For now, I would put the burden back on your devas to apply the effect individually themselves to bloodied targets.

Cheers,
    JPG

Hi!

As a spin off from the original question, is there any way to effectively represent the Devas "memory of a thousand lifetimes" encounter power?

This adds a d6 to an already rolled to hit value. Is this possible to do?

Any work around?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by primarch
    Hi!

As a spin off from the original question, is there any way to effectively represent the Devas "memory of a thousand lifetimes" encounter power?

This adds a d6 to an already rolled to hit value. Is this possible to do?

Any work around?

Peter
    Well, because you usually don't know if you're going to use the power until after the roll; this is almost always a manual addition.

I set it up as a 1d6 on my hotkey bar, and edit the label to "Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes" so it comes up in the chatbox with both. Then I just ask the DM if the result of my previous roll is different with the additional 1d6 bonus.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

Thread Information