FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Deva Racial

Deva Racial

Anyone know the right way to do this? Devas have +1 to all defenses vs bloodied opponents. I think I have to make an "ATK: -1" effect and drop it on myself with them targeted while holding down shift but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

/function

I have a deva invoker that I've set up with the effect text as

"TRGT; DEF: 1"

I then target myself with primary targeting, and then shift-drag the effect onto the bloodied creature either on the map or on the tracker.

The reverse should also work. "TRGT; ATK: -1". Target the bloodied opponent with primary targeting, then shift-drag the effect onto yourself either on the map or the tracker.

I have a tendency to always build powers how they are written even though the effect is identical. So because the racial trait says I gain +1 defenses, that's the way I built it.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

You could also set up an effect with the label "DEF: 1", and the effect options set to SELF-targeted and ONCE-apply. Then, just double-click the effect before a bloodied creature attacks.

I want to add conditional effects in the next big 4E update, but that may take some time with all the other projects ongoing.

Cheers,
    JPG

My DM is great about keeping things moving but that means it is hard to sneak in a "use once" buff before he attacks.

I tried the TGRT; DEF: 1 version but I ran into a problem when more than one mob was getting bloodied and I got an effect already exists error.

What I settled on was this:

TRGT*Deva1,Deva2,Deva3*; ATK: -1

I then dropped that effect on any mob that became bloodied.

/function

Quote Originally Posted by Function
    I tried the TGRT; DEF: 1 version but I ran into a problem when more than one mob was getting bloodied and I got an effect already exists error.
    /function
    Ah you are correct. Even with different targets set, FG believes it is the same effect and doesn't reapply it. Thanks for pointing it out... I'll have to go adjust my own deva now!
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

Quote Originally Posted by Function
    My DM is great about keeping things moving but that means it is hard to sneak in a "use once" buff before he attacks.

What I settled on was this:

TRGT*Deva1,Deva2,Deva3*; ATK: -1

I then dropped that effect on any mob that became bloodied.
    Can you explain why you have Deva1,Deva2,Deva3 ?

Is that where you put the character name?

I've tried this myself using TRGT*Liadan*; ATK: -1

However the attack penalty is applying universally and there is no Targets: Liadan entry on the GMs combat tracker under Effects.

I'm wagering there are 3 devas in the group? He's covering the effect for all of them?
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Yep Xorn is correct. One person has to build and drop the effect for everyone because you cannot drop three copies with separate targets. If you try you will get the same issue as dropping the effect on yourself with the mob targeted.

/function

I think the effect you really need to figure out is one to get your deva count down to one or less!
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn
    I think the effect you really need to figure out is one to get your deva count down to one or less!
    Imagine the drama that must be going on in that party!

Real Devas of the Forgotten Realms!
    In this weeks episode, Deva1 learns that Deva2 has been secretly healing her husband behind her back. Meanwhile, Deva3 has discovered that her favorite weapon makes her look fat when she wields it. Aghast, she seeks to have the enchantment of her blade transferred to a more slimming rapier - which are the in style item of Waterdeep this year - but is she going to find one in time for the next adventure or will she have to live with the snickers she's sure to hear as she charges forth to mark the opponents?!?

Thread Information