DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Oh and btw, Cam Banks ignored my last PM on Cortex System Rpg.org ... But I'm fine, I learned

You try your best to offer free 3rd party support... and they don't answer !

I'm surpised you got no response, this was my response (2009):
    Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    Would you be willing to enter into negotiations for an official Cortex Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds?

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam_Banks
    I think that would definitely be possible. If it was based on the Cortex System RPG core book, or had the licensing trademarks removed (in the case of other games we publish, i.e. "horror action Cortex" and "sci-fi cowboys Cortex") we wouldn't need to worry about licenses.

Please send me a proposal to my email: [email protected] and I can discuss it with Margaret. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Cam
    I forwarded this to either/both LilCthulhu/Doug, I think...

Previously: MurghBpurn

And I still have that messages, however I lost my communications with MWP publishing, mainly with MW's agent. But anyway, it's not like it's going to change something

A shame

I know I can come as pretty negative about the subject, but the way the discussions went, it became too quickly legal-mumbo-jumbo-you-can't-do-it-without-our-approval-and-we-are-not-interested-at-this-point.

Really, the only reason why they might not have been interested is that they were looking into phasing out old cortex products to the new cortex plus. And also the fact that I had emailed also the original author of Cortex who had started a new RPG company where he said he would create Cortex products... I thought the split was a common-friendly understanding, maybe it was not...

Rarely do I hold a grudge, and in this case, I don't since I stopped working on the product. The only thing that I find sad is that they never gave a iota of interest in the project. Which I find strange considering the market of RPGing today Furthermore, I don't understand how a "free" extension that can expand the sales of your products would not be at least considered !

Well this is a shame! I would have been one of the first in line for this or ANYthing SerenityRPGish...I do hope it can happen, they can never stop the signal!

Get all Browncoat on them

Hey, LilCthulu! Lookin' for some advice, if you would. I'm trying to build myself a Serenity rule-set for personal use and I'm stuck on implementing the crazy Cortex die system. How did you manage it? Or did you just convert their skills, etc. to a more common mechanic?

cheers!
    GMK

The only thing I had to convert from Serenity, is the Traits, basically I had boxes for all attributes, list of skills, and traits, all with die, and somekind of diebox with multiple fields and a final field with all dice, you would build up your roll by selecting attribute, skills, traits, and + - as required and they roll that or roll that against a difficulty field by dragging and dropping that... it was nice and awesome, quite complicated

The health management system was the same, multiple fields keeping score of everything automatically... it was nice !

The combat system would have been a nightmare to do

I've dugged up the rulesets from one of my backup So here's a few screenshot of what would have been...

Screenshot 1

This is the Abilities page, where you drag/drop your dice into the field. Putting a d12 would allow you to add an additional d4 or d2 (d20 are converted to d2). Initiative, Endurance, Life Points and Resistance are derived automatically, noticed a life points modifier is used for any traits that would modify the life points (in Dean Winchester's case : Though)

The plots points are calculated depending on what your a spending and as soon as you double click on the bonus die, it goes in the roll box at the bottom. Fields are used for advancement purposes.

As discussed earlier, the bottom section shows the roll box, where when you click on an attribute/skills/traits/plot die/ complications (negative traits), it ends up there. With the last field being what you would throw to roll the "skills".

We'll come back to the injury and difficulty boxer later.

Screenshot 2

Here Initiative has been drag and drop...(or double-clicked)

Screenshot 3

Here, we've taken our previous roll and drag and drop against a non-complex difficulty 11 (Hard) ... Afterwards, the checkbox in the modifier was clicked by the user, switching to a complex task.

Screenshot 4

Now, Dean is trying to convince this super demon girl, so we're using new stuff we're drag and droping in the difficulty section for complex difficulty, notice the result is saved as the next modifier (something is wrong here but it should work )

Screenshot 5

Results were added and we're successful !

Screenshot 6

Here damage were taken, all checkbox indicate state (passed out, coma, etc) and are calculated automatically. Increasing damage is simpyl done by rolling mouse wheel over the proper box (basic, stun, shock, wound, damage)...

Screenshot 7

Skill pages, with specialties... underlined specialties are "uncommon per ruleset description"), double-clicking a skill die box, would put the skill dice in the roll box at the bottom

Screenshot 7

Skill pages, with specialties... underlined specialties are "uncommon per ruleset description"), double-clicking a skill die box, would put the skill dice in the roll box at the bottom

Screenshot 8

Traits pages... underlined traits are "uncommon per ruleset description"), double-clicking a trait die box, would put the trait dice in the roll box at the bottom in asset or comp depending

Notice the new trait created (lucky) and available levels as per ruleset description...

Screenshot 9

We've put in a die in the trait box, rendering the available levels empty... putting a d12 would block, allow d2 or d4 or all d2-d12 depending on the trait declaration (ruleset)... for newly created traits, the whole range would be available all over again...

That's it folks... the ruleset that never was !!!

A great looking ruleset.

Such a shame it was never released.

Thread Information