DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Smile Traveller(tm) Graphics Theme

I have stripped the graphics out of my new Classic Traveller(tm) ruleset and created a separate extension with them.

It seems to work largely as intended, but the tabcontrol rendering is a bit mucky. To change that I would need to replace the tabcontrol definition and script, and my tabcontrols are a bit different from the standard ones.

The extension is on the FG Wiki, please let me know what you think.

Stuart

Excellent, thanks Stuart. I'll take a look.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

Happy to work with you, Spyke, if you wanted to create a tailored version for GURPS.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart. The good news is that it's very useable as it is. As you say above, the main issue is that the tab controls are rendered slightly differently, so in the GURPS ruleset the labels are offset a little from where they should be and on some controls we get a little extra bit of tab. But the functionality isn't affected and 95% of the look and feel is there. Looks really good.

Other than that there are perhaps half a dozen icons or frames that are picking up the default ones as they're not needed in the Traveller ruleset version (e.g. the Hex grid icon and the Options button). When I get some free time I'll check thoroughly and if you're happy I'll send you a list of what's missing. There aren't many and they'll help with rulesets other than GURPS as well.

Spyke

I have tinkered with the theme a little and addressed (hopefully) the worst issues. The changes are:
    • The indexboxtitle frame now renders reasonably
    • The close box hover/down icons are emulated
    • The referencebox frame used for library, preferences and export windows is emulated
    • The tabcontrol now works (to a reasonable extent)

Overall, it looks a bit more polished than the previous version.

Stuart

I've added a gridhex icon and emulated the preferences buttons, so this should now work better with GURPS. The only thing outstanding (that I can see) is the character selection box. That is a custom frame I didn't use in Classic Traveller, but I'll see what I can do.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    I've added a gridhex icon and emulated the preferences buttons, so this should now work better with GURPS. The only thing outstanding (that I can see) is the character selection box. That is a custom frame I didn't use in Classic Traveller, but I'll see what I can do.

Stuart
    It's looking really good. Yes, you've fixed the tab rendering and I can't see any missing icons now. The only thing I've spotted apart from the standard fantasy character selection background is the panel used in the preferences window.

In Foundation and GURPS the preferences framedefs 'cheat' by assigning the combat entry graphics, and the framedefs for prefentrybox and prefgroupbox are missing from your new graphics_frames.xml file:

Code:

Spyke

EDIT: Anyone know why I can't get the text in CODE tags to appear?
    Last edited by Spyke; January 11th, 2010 at 18:57.

Should be easy to fix, and luckily I have the email notification of the thread response (which includes the text contents of the code tags).

Will try to post revised version later tonight.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.

I'd started working on a Traveller theme a year or so ago, along the same lines as yours with a silver-grey background and then highlight colour in black and red, but I'd not got beyond the basics. Yours is great and I can now happily cross this off my mental "To Do" list and move on to thinking about the actual campaign I want to run!

Many thanks again for putting in the time and effort.

Spyke

I've added the dummy framedef for prefentrybox based on ctentrybox, but there is no ctgroupbox in my ruleset so I haven't changed the prefgroupbox. That said, the Foundation version seems to work fine, so I don't think it needs to be different.

I took a look at replacing the character selection frame, but it will take some time to do this properly, and I ran out of steam this evening.

I've posted what I have on the FG Wiki, and I think the character selection frame is the only remaining piece of artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyke
    Many thanks again for putting in the time and effort.
    No problem, it wasn't difficult to port it from the Classic Traveller ruleset, and it seems like good sense to re-use what I'd already built.

Stuart

Thread Information