STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Here's something for future consideration.

The 'edit' and 'delete' links are right next to each other on the character lines. It is very easy to accidentally delete a player... it would be nice if the 'delete' link gave you a pop-up asking if you are sure you want to delete the player.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by chezcaliente
    This thread has been around for a LONG time. Any news here?

Some of the key things IMO:

• Automatic deletion of games inactive for six months + (perhaps with email notification to GMs one month prior to give them a chance to generate activity)
    • Default sorting should be by most recently active.
    • Adding a new session to a calendar listing should update GM activity (don't think it does at the moment)
    • Use a drop-down list of the rulesets currently implemented in FG2 (and perhaps leave an "Other" on that list so GMs can name the system they're using in the listing title instead). As an open-text field, sorting by this column is not very useful.
    • A field for linking to a forum thread
    • A field for linking to an external website (eg. Obsidian Portal campaign sites etc)
    • GM name should be a link to their forum profile for easy messaging!
    • The option for automated email notification to GMs when a Player applies to a game (also perhaps with a template that reminds GMs to switch "accepting new players" to No if appropriate).
    Adding one more to this, not really for my own purposes but I can see how it could be useful:
    • A field for language so that non-English speakers can find games.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

Greetings. I dropped away from FGII for about a year, and am now looking to return. My primary concern is that the game calendar is still as confusing as it was last year. Old games from years past clutter the list, and there isn't a clear column specifying when the actual game is. Its very frustrating trying to find a game to join, and suggest a very clear GAME START DATE/TIME field. Thanks for considering,
    Regards,
    Pax
    "If it is all too plain and too easy, your players will quickly lose interest, and your effort will prove to have been in vain." - E. Gary Gygax

I think it's fair to say the Calendar is moderately useful for organizing an already arranged game (auto-timezones, tracking consent for a certain session time), but really the forum is still the best place to go looking for / advertising new games.

This also works well as it's important to have an idea of what the feel, style, etc... of the game is, and also it's a little reassuring to have traded a couple of posts with someone to know the game IS going to happen (or the player IS going to actually show up).

But yeah, the calendar isn't quite there for facilitating finding new games.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Blog Entries
    I must admit that when I bought FG and came on the site looking for games... the calendar was a place I expected to be able to find them.

I would be a good thing to find a way to make it work better.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    I have found a few good players who applied through the game calendar, but many players just blanket multiple games with requests to join and are very unreliable.

I know the calendar could be improved, but I suspect that many GMs simply do not use it to organize games, which is unfortunate.
    Last edited by leozelig; July 21st, 2013 at 16:19.

Last edited by X-baby longshot; July 12th, 2015 at 14:52. Reason: moved

Blog Entries
    Oh bother.

I'm having trouble putting in a game date time. Specifically, if I put the time as 11, it turns it into 11 PM. If I put "11am" or "11:00" (and permutations thereof), it still sets it to 11 AM. Lil help?

My campaign is at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2343

Blog Entries
    Go for military time... 23:00

Thread Information