DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. LFP, Want 5e Fantasy Grounds Play tips, testing, and learning Fantasy Grounds Online!

I just wanted to let everyone interested in this thread/blog that the school is NOT a proper game, and that the focus is: Learning how to navigate the interface, learning how to create a character, learning some of the chat commands, learning some of the basic game functions and mechanics, and having fun while meeting new people with similar interests. I still want to emphasize Role-play, cooperation, and, fun! I think it makes the game fun and sometimes completely awkward. Also, remember it is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's Good To Be The King!

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"
    Shakespeare's play Henry IV, Part 2

How do you feel about players who's character's background is the noble? It can be fun. Are the characters role played as entitled fools who must come to term with the reality of having to exist among the common people. It can be a great hook to center the character on. And I usually don't have a problem with this. I mean ... old school ... that was part of the game. A fighter reached a certain ...
  3. Savage Worlds, DragonLance and Hârn

I am currently contemplating running a Savage Worlds game set on the island of Hârn where that island and setting are basically transplanted to the planet of Krynn. The rest of Krynn has fallen to the Evil forces and now the DragonLance events are finally encroaching on that remote and small part of the world. Tentatively, I am planning to set up all Hârn 'Occupations' as Archetypes however, at this point, since neither Savage Worlds or HârnMaster use Classes, there should not be a need to create ...
  4. The Twitch All Stars (self-proclaimed) have been playing D&D with Doug Davison

by , July 11th, 2017 at 10:03 (Rob2e's "Fantasy Grounds - The Experience!")
    Hey, everyone. Been away from the blog for a few months. Busy, busy!

For those that don't know, on Wednesday Nights, there is a D&D 5E Game of Tales from the Yawning Portal being played live on Twitch. This game has a DM and 6 players.

We call ourselves The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Personnel:

Doug Davison (president of Smiteworks / Fantasy Grounds)
    The Digital Dungeon Master (Twitch broadcaster)
    FSHSchmo (Twitch ...

Updated July 11th, 2017 at 10:07 by rob2e

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Can you lance this boil?

So here is a page that I brought up from the old book "Chainmail" This is one of the Granddaddies of D&D. Published in 1971, it was created by Gary Gygax and Jeff Perren and was an early miniature game that contained a fantasy section. One of my favorite parts was the page on jousting. I use to use this in my campaigns that two of my players use to play in. I think how I will run this in Fantasy Grounds is call for the players to input their two choices of their aiming point and defensive ...
    Tags: d&d 5e, jousting
    Categories
    Uncategorized
FG Spreadshirt Swag